Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

InkExpress

Similar Threads

1. Ink pad reset utility for epsons!
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-02-2017, 06:11 PM
  2. Refillable carts reset
    By Karlh1986 in forum Printers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 12:55 PM
  3. counter/print head reset? help please
    By Chris-P-Midlands in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-06-2016, 07:59 AM
  4. auto reset chips
    By themuggle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-08-2014, 11:49 PM
  5. Easyflow CIS Cartridge Reset
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-10-2010, 10:00 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

WIC Service Reset

Printers eh? So Epson 1500W with CISS always goes into meltdown when ink monitor claims that I've ran out of ink, reset the ink, then subsequent print outs in the queue come out as draught quality.

So after several head cleans, print outs return to normal.

But now I get the dreaded 'ink pad is nearing the end of its service life'.

Download WIC Service reset, switch off Maintenance Monitor as instructed. Enter trial key to get it to 90% and the printer is working again.

So the question is..can I turn my maintenance monitor back on?

Anyone got a cheap WIC serial key to sell?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, once you have reset the ink pad you can turn the monitor back on.

I use the WIC RESET program and get their recommended keys from here...

https://www.2manuals.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1830

Never had an issue with them not working so see no reason to try and find anywhere cheaper.

Ink Express might be able to recommend another supplier of keys
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I can supply a WIC Reset key they are £6.95 here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIC-Servi...UAAOSw6n5XsuDg

You can turn the monitor back on, although its not essential that you do. I use all my Epson printers with Status Monitor 3 disabled, it makes no difference to how they perform.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got one from you cheers. Now how can I stop the 1500W going into meltdown when it reports no ink? Did I see something in the WIC to make it chipless? Would that help?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Got one from you cheers. Now how can I stop the 1500W going into meltdown when it reports no ink? Did I see something in the WIC to make it chipless? Would that help?
    Chipless only works on selected models sadly the 1500W is not one of them. When you say it goes into melt down how do you mean?

Mine will print away merrily, it will 'run' out of ink, I press the ink drop button on the front panel, press the ink reset switch on my CISS, press the ink drop button on front panel again, and hey presto it will reset and carry on.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InkExpress View Post
    When you say it goes into melt down how do you mean?

Mine will print away merrily,

Alex
    I'll have a number of pages in the memory buffer while it prints away. When I get an out of ink report, I press the ink button on printer, press the chip reset. It continues the print job, but all the print outs will be of very low draught quality, especially the black. It takes several head cleans to get the printer back to print quality. Trying to reprint all those pages is a PITA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I'll have a number of pages in the memory buffer while it prints away. When I get an out of ink report, I press the ink button on printer, press the chip reset. It continues the print job, but all the print outs will be of very low draught quality, especially the black. It takes several head cleans to get the printer back to print quality. Trying to reprint all those pages is a PITA.
    Sounds like your CISS could benefit from a service (replace the cartridges on the end of the tubes and chipset) with age the seals start to go on the ink cartridges. The pausing whilst you reset the inks allows the ink to draw away from the printing head resulting in poor prints following ink reset. Then you need to clean the heads to get the ink to come back through well.

My 1500W usually have fresh / replacement CISS cartridges every 6-9 months (especially my sublimation ones) this keeps them working well, in turn this results in less waste ink from head cleans and so less chance of the printer going in to service mode and needing WIC to reset the waste ink pads ;)

Alex

| 01902 307111 |

8. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (03-12-2018)