Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Frustrated by local supplier so want my own set up
    By The iBox in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 02:15 PM
  2. Frustrated newbie
    By Muzzy333 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  3. Just getting started and am super frustrated :(
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 08:35 AM
  4. Frustrated from Wiltshire!
    By GazHyde in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol thanks x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spend as long as you possibly can reading all the posts on this forum, you will absorb loads of tips and tricks.
    nearly every question will already have been asked and answered already ...
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

3. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Moonlite82 (07-12-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a cheap Pixmax mug press which gives excellent results at 170C for 170 secs on BMS mugs and 180C for 200 secs on Xpres mugs.

However, you say that you have some Listawood mugs to try. Note that these have a different coating and we used their recommended settings for a similar looking press with a much reduced time of only 45 secs (170C) and they were perfect - the time for other suppliers mugs were much too long for these.

Just something else to consider/worry about!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StellaD For This Useful Post:

Justin (07-12-2018), Moonlite82 (07-12-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my goodness lol. I havent tried pressing anything yet as I have my daughter off school today. Thank you for the tip about the Listawood mugs as I had checked their website and they have no time, heat settings for their mugs. I have a whole box of subliblanks mugs to get through yet and also a box ive just ordered from another supplier. Not sure what theyre gonna be like. I only requested samples of Listawood after reading recommendations on here. Im going to stick with 11oz mugs for now as I use pre cut papers which are just a bit too long for a 10oz mug so have to be cut which kind of defeats the point. Gonna try some settings on my subliblanks ones first and see what happens. Ive be doing it at 185 for 160 and theyre not bad just a bit browny in the blacks so gonna try 180 for 160 and go from there with reducing the time. Ughhhhhhhh remind me again why I thought this was a good thing to get into lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and also im hoping that once i use up all my other mugs, I will have a fairly good idea of which ones i prefer. Theyre all around the same price give or take a few quid but I wangt the best quality ones I can get. Im hoping the Listawood ones work for me as they do seem to come highly requested on here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite82 View Post
    Oh and also im hoping that once i use up all my other mugs, I will have a fairly good idea of which ones i prefer. They're all around the same price give or take a few quid but I want the best quality ones I can get. Im hoping the Listawood ones work for me as they do seem to come highly requested on here
    Highly recommended by some but not necessarily all. Best to make your own mind up with mugs and decide what works for you.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I think thats best. Ive got 3 suppliers to choose from and to be honest the ones im using at the moment from subliblanks are good. I just dont have anything to compare them to at the moment so thats why i got a load of samples and paper to try. Im sure I will get there just all this experimenting is bloomin expensive lol. The main issue I have is with the black which from what ive read seems to be a common issue x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Moonlite82;135756]/ the Listawood mugs as I had checked their website and they have no time, heat settings for their mugs. /QUOTE]

Actually, they do, very comprehensive details too, just a little hidden away.

https://www.listawoodtradesupplies.c...Guidelines.pdf

Find them at the link above or, on the website, look at the very top line menu and choose "Technical Support" From there look at the right hand column " General Help Documents" and click on the second line "Product Cooking Guidelines".
    You will find temperature and time settings for all of their products but note that for mugs there are sets of times/temps for 2 different types of mug press. My press happens to work with the shorter times on their mugs only. It may be the same with yours, only experimentation will show!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaD For This Useful Post:

Moonlite82 (07-12-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thats amazing Stella. Thanks so much for that :-) I will have a good read through now. I would have never found that on my own lol x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get across to the NEC next month (not a huge trek from you hopefully) you can see various suppliers including Listawood and Xpres and actually see and handle the various mugs on offer.

No substitute for seeing the actual product.

Details via the ad at the bottom of the page "Printwear Live"