Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Frustrated by local supplier so want my own set up
    By The iBox in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 03:15 PM
  2. Frustrated newbie
    By Muzzy333 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-06-2013, 02:21 PM
  3. Just getting started and am super frustrated :(
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 09:35 AM
  4. Frustrated from Wiltshire!
    By GazHyde in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Frustrated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not tried trupix so can't compare but for me the texprint paper was more black than the subiflex. Also I only print mugs at the moment and love the ease of the pre cut papers. I've not been able to find trupix in that size hence why i havent tried it yet. A lot of my designs have blocks of black text so black is very important to me. All pictures looked great no matter what I used but I wanted sharp blacks as green, brown or faded blacks just ruined the mug, well for me anyway lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good thread you have done here with good feedback and sharing your journey so far, nice to read the experiences and results being encountered. Interestingly nobody mentioned the mug press so it would suggest you got that right from the off in so much that it wasnt commented on. Some here use ovens to cook lots of mugs at a time (confident ones!) others mini ovens with a small capacity, some with one mug press others with rows of them, shows how many variable there are. Would be nice to see a back to back mug press comparison say galaxy v adkins studio that sort of thing too, let us know when you decide to become the forums mug system reviewer ;) Printwear and promotion is a must visit show if not every year at least every 2 or 3, we go every year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol thank you :-) just for clarification I'm using the galaxy pro mug press (gs 203). I did a lot of research before starting out and decided right from the off to buy decent equipment rather than waste money on a cheaper press. After lots of testing I'm now using xp5013 mugs, tex print-r mug paper and my galaxy press at 180 degrees for 180 seconds. Getting really great results. I'm up and running on Facebook too. I've always wanted to run a small business from home as I have a severely disabled daughter which makes doing a 9-5 job impossible. I love art and design and after dabbling in a few other things wanted to try this. I'm really enjoying it and hope next year to add some more heat presses and start to do other things. I'm not expecting to earn millions but just enough to get by.
    I will let you know when I get the job offer for mug tester lol ;-)

I am happy with my press for now but am looking into how to use ovens to maybe do 4 at a time. I'm only starting out in this so learning as I go. I live the support though from this forum and hopefully one day I will be able to share advice and tips myself.

Depending on family circumstances I would love to attend the show next January. I think this would be extremely useful to attend.

Thanks you for your kind words :-) xxxx

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good to hear you are getting great results now. If you start using an oven it will be back to the drawing board!

I have a halogen oven that can take up to 4 mugs comfortably. It's not like a mug press, where you dial in a temperature and that's what you get, ovens are usually wide of the mark and you need to experiment a bit with the temperature control. I have an oven thermometer inside my oven, behind the glass, so that I can have a more accurate temperature reading, but once you have your dial set it will probably never need adjusting. Results from a halogen oven are excellent. It allows a much bigger print area without fading at the edges because the thick base and handle are being heated to so eliminates heatsinking effects.

Another thing to consider, if you are planning on posting mugs, is what to package them in. I use the crush-proof polystyrene mailers from Custompac and have never had a problem - https://www.custompac.co.uk/polystyr...xoCP_sQAvD_BwE

I use the Large 11oz boxes as they fit both 10oz and 11oz mugs, and also the two-tone mugs with spoons that I print (including space for the spoon). I also wrap a layer of bubble wrap around the mugs before placing in the polystyrene box. I don't find any need for cardboard outers and simply put them in a grey plastic mailing bag.

Facebook ............ Hmm .............. Most of my orders were for collection and I got sick of people not turning up for them. I made them pay for the items before making them but still they didn't turn up for days (sometimes weeks!) and expected me to be available at all times. It's better if you can find a niche and join the fan pages for that niche then slowly introduce your products that match the interests of the fans. I never had much luck with FB targeted advertising.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks hun! Yes I think I will stick to my press for now. I've watched a few videos using an oven and can see it would be frustrating at the start.
    For posting we use the smash proof mug boxes and stick some bubble wrap inside and then warp outside too. I've only had 2 to post so far but might check out the ones you mentioned as we do go through a lot of packaging which would get expensive if we had a lot to do.
    You're right about Facebook lol. All our orders so far have been collections but luckily everyone has turned up and paid. I'm going to start taking PayPal or bank transfer payments I think though before I print them as I can see people potentially not turning up in the future and then I'm a mug and ink down. Next year if things go well I'm going to try and get a website going. We still have a lot of work to do in making related, adding designs etc and have just been doing customer requests so far. I've done a lot of photos which I was worried about but actually they have turned out ok. Facebook works for us at the moment but a website is defo planned. We were considering eBay or Amazon shops but after fees it doesn't seem worth it to me x