Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Royalty- and Attribution-free images and vectors....
    By webtrekker in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-11-2017, 10:02 AM
  2. Free Accounting Software - no trial just free
    By mrs maggot in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-11-2016, 04:11 PM
  3. Royalty Free Images
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 11:20 PM
  4. Royalty Free Images
    By PhoenixRisen in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-03-2010, 10:03 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downloading free images ?

Hi everyone. Just a quick question. Can anyone clarify the rules for Pixabay ? It states that their images can be downloaded with no attribution and are under a Creative Commoons CCO license. Am i right to assume that I can use these images for mugs and designs and show them on my facebook page ?

I really don't want to get done for any kind of copyright thing. Im hoping to eventually set up a website next year and am going through the huge process of making some design templates right now. Im using images from Pixabay but just wanted to check that ive understood the rules correctly.

Many thanks x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "right to assume that I can use these images for mugs and designs and show them on my facebook page ? "

Yes and yes.

https://pixabay.com/en/blog/posts/pu...and-what-is-4/

https://pixabay.com/en/blog/posts/us...n-facebook-29/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much :-) Im using only illustrations from their website and using my own text alongside it to make a wrap. This would be ok then to do without having to contact anyone ? Sorry if i seem a bit dim but Im new to this and just want to make sure im not breaking any rules

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, you should never take legal advice from an internet forum, but the FAQ states that it is ok for your purpose. But you cannot assume that the images have been uploaded to the site legally, something may have been uploaded without the copyright owners permission. It doesn't help you I know, but when you are using someone else's work, you can never be sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a minefield lol. I used pixabay upon a recommendation from various bloggers online. I'm gonna stick with it and if I get any issues I can always say that I downloaded then from pixabay who state their images on there are free for use. Thanks for your help :-) x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it's perfectly fine, but just need to make you aware of possible u=issues. Theft is rife in this industry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you i totally get that. This is why I wanted to check. I want to run my business legally and dont want to rip anyone off. I would hate someone to do that to me and want to start as I mean to go on. Ive seen many people on facebook doing football mugs for example and Im sure that they dont have any rights to print their logo. I know that Leicester City FC for example have their own store (I know cos im regularly in there being a supporter lol) and they sell their own merch. I have already been asked to do football mugs but declined

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pixabay clearly states that you can use there images for Commercial use free of charge. I would imagine checks have been put in place to allow users to use the images without the worry of being hammered for copy right theft. Pixabay is a German Organisation by the way.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MugPrint For This Useful Post:

Moonlite82 (07-12-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks :-) I did read that but just wanted to double check in case I had missed anything. Thanks so much guys you be been really helpful :-) x