Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Listawood at PP
    By wayupnorth in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 10:08 PM
  2. Listawood
    By Angloman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-09-2014, 03:55 PM
  3. B grade cameo @ £200
    By malfunction in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 04:12 PM
  4. A Big Thank You to Listawood
    By JackB in forum Listawood
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 10:37 AM
  5. B Grade / Damaged Stock
    By Lee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listawood A or AAA grade ?

After some successful testing this evening I’m pretty sold on the Listawood mugs. The dishwasher thing swayed it for me. My next question is which grade does everyone recommend. I’ve used the samples I got which were AAA grade ones and they printed amazingly. The price however is quite a few quid more than. The A grade ones.

Is it worth spending out the extra money for the AAA or are the A grade ones worth a shot.

Recommendations welcome. Thanks guys xxx

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Couple of ways of looking at this...

1. I use LW AAA's myself as I'm a bit of a perfectionist and won't send out anything that doesn't look 100%. I'm probably too picky, but that's just me.

2. The A grade mugs are supposed to also be very good, albeit slightly cheaper, and you could just say, 'well, I might get a few returns, but the cheaper prices will more than cover a few bad' uns. '

So, it's really down to personal choice. I might add that I recently had some AAA' s from LW that weren't what I'd call premium quality, but I've since sorted this out with them and have to say that their support is very good, including replacing broken mugs which, to be fair, were damaged in transit, even though they were well packaged, so not really their fault.

So, it's LW all the way for me. They print great (I use CIE inks and paper) and really do withstand heavy dishwashing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im thinking the AAA ones too. Im a perfectionist like you which probably explains why I've gone through a whole box of mugs trying to get them "right lol. I was using the ones i got with my kit from subliblanks and tbf they arent terrible but i just couls not get my blacks to look sharp. I was so amazed with the 1 listawood mug I've printed tonight. I've also tried a xp5013 but after reading a thread on here about them being not very good in a dishwasher has kind of put me off. I prefer the size of them though to the 11oz listawood. I used a 10oz sample but I'm using pre cut paper and had to trim it down to fit and didn't have to do this with the xp5013. However the print was so much nicer with the listawood so I may just have to use 11oz ones.

Anyway I'm rambling lol. I might just grab a box of AAA. Do you know how much it would work out to by any chance with VAT added, delivery and then our discount ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I forgot to add I'm using sawgrass sg400, sublijetHD inks and printing with the virtuoso print manager. Using subiflex pre cut mug sheet paper at the moment but do have tex print r samples to try. I wanna stick with pre cut paper. So much easier lol plus I'm.lazy and can't be doing with cutting each wrap. I cooked my tester at 180 for 120 seconds which seemed to work ok. What temp/time do you use ? I'm using a galaxy heat press pro (gs-203)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do you know how much it would work out to by any chance with VAT added, delivery and then our discount ?
    Yes. For a box of 36 AAA's, with 10% forum discount, and VAT, I pay £42.90. All mine are delivered next day by DPD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brill thanks :-) x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite82 View Post
    I've also tried a xp5013 but after reading a thread on here about them being not very good in a dishwasher has kind of put me off.
    Tests are being done in a number of dishwashers at present, so I wouldn't worry too much, I'm still printing 1000s of them at the moment. My issue might have been the customer accidentality using the dishwasher at 90 degrees.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i just ask Gary, do your XP5013 have a slight yellow cast to them once cooked. I only had 2 samples and both of them had a tinge to them after i pressed them. I did 180 degrees for 200 seconds as suggested
    Last edited by Moonlite82; 08-12-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No yellow cast. I believe I done a comparison between Listawood and XP5013 mugs on here somewhere
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 09-12-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think o just left them in way tooong. Listawood recommended 180 180 but I did 180 for 120 and they looked great. Think I just overcooked xp5013s.
    I will have a look for that post. Thanks x