Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 09:54 PM
  2. Polymer mugs decide to melt!!!!
    By JMugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13-08-2015, 03:44 AM
  3. Can't Decide... Any ideas?
    By bendee2020 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-05-2014, 01:05 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help !! I cant decide

Ok I know this has probably been covered before but Im stuck on deciding between 2 brands of mugs. I've had samples of both and like both. Im talking about the xp5013 and the Listawood AAA 11oz.

I know mugs are a personal thing but after wasting £60 on 2 boxes of rubbish mugs I really don't wanna get it wrong again. Both have printed for me very well however I did have a slight issue with the xp5013 which had a slight yellow cast after I cooked them. Maybe this could be cos I cooked them for 200 seconds so maybe a bit long so nothing a timer tweak wouldn't fix. The Listawood AAA were flawless cooked at 180 for 120 seconds.

So 2 questions mainly

Just wondering who uses which ones and why and also A or AAA Listawoods?
    I know ive asked this in my previous post so I apologise but after now testing them I know I like both and just would like some feedback to help my decision.

Hope you are all doing well btw. Its been a busy night for me lol x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You'll find many threads and differing opinions on here for this but here's my opinion. I've always used Xpres XP5013 but decided to test the L'wood mugs on a good size run (400+) I'm now back to XP5013 and won't use either the A or AAA. Like I say, this is only my opinion and some members will disagree so it's really a matter of personal preference. Cost to me isn't as relevant as getting the right quality mug.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's no perfect mug.

It's about what you consider to be suitable for your needs. For me, a mug needs to be easy to print with minimal defects. I find Listawood mugs have too much of a taper towards the bottom making it difficult and time consuming to print, but have too many defects on the printing area for my liking. The Xpres mugs are straighter and have more weight to them, but not without their own little defects on the underside of the mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sold on the listawoods but the 10oz require a mug wrap to be cut so they were a no no and then the 11oz just feels huge due to the handle. I love the size and shape of the xp5013. Wtaps dont need cutting down and i have also done the laying mug on its side test. You're right about the listawoods having a taper as I could see it. I think I'm sold on the xp5013. I prefer the print on the listawoods and they do seem whiter bit the xp5013 just feels nicer if you know what I mean
    Thanks so much for the comments though. I just find it interesting to know other people's opinions. Just didn't wanna get it wrong again. Not got money to burn as I'm sure we all haven't lol x

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received 72 XP5013 mugs and also 500 sheets of TexPrint-R mug wrap paper. Did some testing with a lower time on my press at 180 degrees and 180 time and theyre bloomin brill lol.
    Thanks so much for all the advice. Have spent all day so far doing my facebook page and as of now we are up and running :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlite82 For This Useful Post:

Justin (11-12-2018)