Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Laser Printers
    By GoonerGary in forum Printers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27-10-2016, 11:51 AM
  2. Laser Printers
    By GoonerGary in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-12-2015, 06:36 PM
  3. New WHITE laser printers - anyone tried them ?
    By logobear in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-06-2012, 09:41 AM
  4. DOUBLE SIDED LASER PRINTERS
    By NASH in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-09-2010, 05:21 PM
  5. laser printers
    By purpledragon in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 08:19 PM

Thread: Laser Printers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laser Printers

Hi
    I'm looking for some advice, can I use any brand of laser printer with laser transfer paper or are there only a certain few that will do the job

Thanks
    Children are bit bit like flatulence....you can just about put up with your own

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that they have to be LED fuser systems. Easiest way to check is to look on the "ghost toner" web site as they list the machines they supply the white toner for, so you would be sure those machines would work.

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info thanks very much
    Children are bit bit like flatulence....you can just about put up with your own

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's what I did, but most on the list are obsolete. I purchased a refurbished laser printer which was a mistake, so I'll maybe bite the bullet and buy a fancy new white OKI.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oki are the only real option.
    Need a straight paper path, and ability to slow the print process right down by selecting ultra heavy media options to ensure good fusing.

In the ideal world, you should choose one with a firmware modification to suit laser transfere media, otherwise you will be messing with printer settings on every print.
    The Magic Touch current offering is Oki C612 thou the models do change quite often.
    Magic touch will guarentee that the printer works with their media, - and will work with others too.

Cost of conmsumables can be quite shocking..... but do not be tempted with 3rd party toner.
    in my experience, fusing can be poor, AND - drums wear out much faster than expected.

We love laser, but if you are printing high solid full coverage prints, do not be surprised if toner & consumable parts cost can be 75p an A4 sheet.

The Oki White is a very versatile tool, but we only use our laser printers for t-shirt transferes.
    If you just want to print out emails or whatever, use a different & lower cost printer!

imho
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK