So I had up the ebay front page and was talking to my brother, pointed out a blatant trademark infringement personalised mug and gave it a click.
The seller looked to have generated the images of the mug on Zazzle's mug editor, then I noticed he had a drop down menu for variations. So I had a look thinking it would different size mugs or a coaster option but no it wasn't that, they had the personalised mug as the first option and for the second was a white mug. Selecting the second option changed the picture to a plain white mug but nothing in the written description mentions it, the price is the same as the printed mug and they have sold some going by the sales history.

I dread to think about the nasty emails you would get for sending a plain white mug to a customer off of a personalised coffee shop style mug listing. If i'm misinterpreting the list and they are still personalising just with plain text; I would think you would still get complaints. So I'm seeing this as a masochistic move, although I can see how under ebay's system of doing things you would profit from people buying these even if they end up being angry.