Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. website
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 12:28 PM
  2. Web building programme
    By AlanD in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2015, 10:47 PM
  3. Building A WebSite
    By LazyCarrot in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 03:41 PM
  4. New Website - Buy or DIY?
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
  5. Building a new PC
    By Justin in forum Hardware
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 30-12-2009, 12:18 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building a website

Hi
    I have been thing it might be time to get a website up and running, my problem is that I have no clue of how to go about it. I am stuck in the dark ages when it comes to websites, the only thing I know is how to click on one, hosting, domain names and any other aspect of creating a website mean nothing to me as I don't understand a single word of it.
    Does anyone know where I can get help to get one up and running and an idea of costs from start to finish, I've been asking friends and family to help and suddenly they have all become very busy.

Thanks
    Children are bit bit like flatulence....you can just about put up with your own

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's a guy on here that does websites - can't remember his came, but think he does a discount for premium members.
    If you can get him to set you up with something simple you are able to manage mostly yourself.
    I'd usually recommend Wordpress as the platform, with WooCommerce as the shop part, and Divi for designing the pages etc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best bet is to use shopify. This is an instant e-commerce platform with low monthly running costs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I always used OpenCart and still do for one of our sites. When we took over another business we got the Shopify site. I was initially sceptical of the costs but quickly came to realise just how good the system is. Live support is invaluable and the range of apps superb, can't recommend highly enough.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no genius in this area! I have had a website of my own for year but only just started using it. By just I mean within the last few weeks.
    It is Wordpress and Woocommerce based. A local guy set it up for me in a very basic way, then using Youtube I have changed it, played with it, fiddled with it, etc.

I have been quite surprised at how much I have done just following videos.

So with an open mind it is logical if not rushed to get it done.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have my own website with Ecwid embedded for the e-commerce side of it. You can start with a free Ecwid plan that allows 10 products then upgrade from there as needed.

You can embed your entire Ecwid site into multiple other webpages, blogs, forums etc by simply copying & pasting a few lines of code. There's also an app to run your Ecwid shop from within facebook at no extra charge.