Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: Hi

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I am a landscape photographer, and am looking at adding some sublimated products to the mounted and framed prints I currently sell.

I have spent some time looking around the various posts, and am beginning to realise how much I will have to learn to do this successfully.

I am planning to visit the Printwear and Promotion exhibition before taking the plunge and ordering equipment and items to print.

I already appreciate the amount of information in the various forum posts, and hope to learn much more as I go along.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    P&P is a good choice
    Welcome
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would weigh up the costs of doing printing in house against subcontracting out. Aside from costs then you are looking at learning curve as well. We have a lot of photographer clients who prefer to stay the artist and don't fancy pulling their hair out learning another skill set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. DSF wil be at the show this year so pop along for a chat if you need any help, stand A72

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will come along and say hello Justin.

I had considered using a third part printer. However, I think I will have a quite large range of designs, and will not initially know which ones will sell. I plan to produce (for website sales) and replenish (for show sales) as orders are received to minimise my finished product stock holding. I suspect that frequent small orders with the associated carriage costs would severely reduce the overall profit margins on the products if I was buying in from outside.

One factor I haven't been able to really estimate at this stage is a likely scrap rate after the initial learning curve. I guess this will vary depending on the product (mugs v flat products), and how I assess saleable quality compared to others. However, any indications would help my thinking.