Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Free mockups
    By paul 44 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-07-2016, 06:25 PM
  2. Photo realistic - WoW 7.7 or TTC
    By Gygafo in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:41 AM
  3. realistic cost
    By guarddog14 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 09:57 PM
  4. loads of free t shirts mockups (PSDs)
    By cardman in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone wishing to tackle designing their own 3D models from scratch, or altering existing models, can I suggest the brilliant, and FREE, Autodesk Fusion 360!

This modeller is the best bar none in my opinion. Here's a screenshot of a small castor design that I've been playing around with. The resulting model is being rendered in Keyshot 6, but the inbuilt Fusion 360 renderer is very capable of producing excellent renders on its own. I use dual monitors, hence the wide screenshot ...

Look up a few Fusion 360 youtube tutorials and you'll be amazed at what this can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (27-02-2019), Justin (27-02-2019), UK Printed Mugs (27-02-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very impressive indeed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (27-02-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get the FREE licence select the Hobbyist option when installing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get the FREE licence select the Hobbyist option when installing.

Terms:

Can my business use Fusion 360 for free?
    • If your business generates less than $100,000 (or local equivalent) per year from the total sale of goods or services, yes!
    • If your business generates more than $100,000 (or local equivalent) per year from the total sale of goods or services, no. You'll need to buy licenses.

Can my business use Fusion 360 for free if we make more than $100,000 per year, but will not use Fusion 360 to create what we're selling? (E.g. making parts for our equipment)
    • No. We don't make a distinction between using Fusion 360 for directly designing parts for manufacture or for creating tools or other parts to assist manufacturing, etc.-- it all falls under the same umbrella. If your business makes more than $100,000 (or local equivalent) per year, you will need to buy licenses regardless of your use case for Fusion 360.

Can I use Fusion 360 for free if I'm using it as a hobbyist and don't intend to sell what I make?
    • Yes! If you are an individual or group using Fusion 360 for non-commercial purposes, you qualify for the free license.

I used Fusion 360 as a hobbyist, but then I started selling some of the things I made. Do I still qualify for the free license?
    • If you're generating less than $100,000 (or local equivalent) per year from everything you're selling, yes! You qualify under the startup/home-based business rules and don't need to switch your license.
    • If you're generating more than $100,000 (or local equivalent) per year from everything you're selling, wow! Congratulations! But you'll need to switch to a paid license now. (Don't worry, you'll keep your same login and password and still have access to all your data.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, without wishing to bore you all, Fusion 360 can also be used to produce great technical drawings of your finished models. This was knocked up in a few minutes, with some basic dimensions added, and saved as an A3 PDF file ...

There are loads of options available, including simple or complex cross-sections.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have revised my 3D model of the two-tone mug and spoon and I'm making it FREELY AVAILABLE (in .obj format), together with sample UV texture maps to anyone who PM's me.

The .obj format is supported by practically every 3D modeller or renderer out there, including all the free ones, so this model may help many of you wishing to provide your customers with realistic mockups but can find suitable images on the internet, or don't have the necessary photographic skills or equipment available.

This is a sample rendering I did in Keyshot 6, but many free renderers can produce the same results ...

And this is a sample UV texture map (2048px x 2048px actual size) used to texture the red/brown mug in the above image. You can alter all the colours quite easily and change the mug wrap image to one of your own ...

So, drop me a PM if you'd like this model for NOWT!
    Last edited by webtrekker; 16-03-2019 at 01:22 PM. Reason: The usual typos ......!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

knightweb (19-03-2019), Paul (17-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a closer view ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)