Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 31cm Glass Clocks
    By Chance1234 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-05-2017, 11:22 AM
  2. any 1 sublimate on glass clocks
    By philphil123 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-03-2017, 07:07 PM
  3. glass mirror clocks
    By smiler in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-09-2016, 04:46 PM
  4. Anyone know of good 30cm glass clocks?
    By MREDD in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-07-2016, 05:11 PM
  5. glass clocks
    By pesketta in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 07:40 PM

Thread: Glass clocks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glass clocks

Hi folks

Another quickie...can anyone suggest a decent blank clock suppler (20cm diameter without numbers) with a decent mechanism at a good price, I don't mine paying a little more than usual for the blank as long as i get a good mech and finish.

I have been using a supplier and getting a few complaints with regards to the mechanism, hands not moving or second hand just flopping to the number 6, not good when I have just sent 2 to the USA and one hasn't worked, also another from the UK, 3 clocks and 2 dodgy mechs!

I am paying around the £5.00 mark for a clock and mech...any similar priced at better quality that anyone can recommend would be helpful?

ps....has anyone ever used these guys, if so, whats your thoughts? https://sublitrade.com/

Thanks
    Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We had similar issues. Keep buying glass and mechanisms from current supplier but buy new hands from clockparts.co.uk BUT opt for end caps rather than using second hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ps After 3-4 years chap since you joined DSF you really should pay a tenner a year and help support this platform. And save yourself money from suppliers with DSF discounts as additional benefit. Just saying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'd second what Ollie has said (including paying premium membership!). Provided your current clocks are cheap enough, I would buy entire movements, with hands from clockparts.co.uk. You'll get reliable movements with a great choice of hands in many different styles, sizes, materials and colours to match your clocks. Clock movements are really cheap when bought in reasonable quantities.

Also, once you put a second hand, or end cap, on a clock, removing it again can pull out the centre spindle, so make sure you don't need to do this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI guys, yes i will be paying the tenner so no worries there. I've had a few issues with these clocks, they print fine but the mechs seem crap, hands falling down or not moving etc.

I'll check out that site and price up the mechs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 100 glass clocks from Sublitrade last year to make up an order to the minumum amount. None of the mechs would fit as the spindles were too short. When I contacted them, Chris' solution was to suggest I leave off the brass washer . This just meant that the locking nut sat unevenly over the hole and looked gash. In the end I bought 100 mechs from clockparts to replace them. Someone else I spoke to had Mechs included that had no means of hanging the clocks.

With regard to the mechs we had from clockparts, we did find about 10% of them didn't work. Stopped doing clocks alltogether once we sold that stock. Too much of a ballache to be honest, by the time we'd checked it was working, fitted the mech and cobbled something together to protect the hands from getting bent in transit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We always buy from clockparts but have had issues this year with the hands touching and a few faulty mechanisms coming back. Will probably carry on using them as we found using different hands helped. Using the cap rather than a second hand is a good idea.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've got 100 of these clockparts mechanisms waiting to be used for the last 3 years. What other hands are available for them? I thought these parts weren't very interchangeable?