Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Andysam26467, GoonerGary, Jason, Justin

Similar Threads

1. halogen oven vs Sublimation vacuum oven
    By smiley_mug in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-08-2023, 03:21 PM
  2. One for the bn20 owners...
    By scotty44 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-07-2016, 11:52 AM
  3. Ricoh owners I need a little help!
    By scotty44 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM
  4. For DTG owners only
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-08-2014, 11:00 AM
  5. Convection oven
    By thepetographer in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Subli Versa is quite pricey ( cheaper on ebay ;) cough cough). But I'll give it a go. If it reduces misprints, then it may well be worth it. What printers are you using now?
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 25-05-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Subli Versa is quite pricey ( cheaper on ebay ;) cough cough). But I'll give it a go. If it reduces misprints, then it may well be worth it. What printers are you using now?
    It’s only £7.94 (less 10% premium discount) inc vat so it’s not that bad.

Currently using a cheap Epson eco tank (A4) as I am waiting for a newer Epson to become readily available. I don’t need A3 anymore so my options are a lot better although I might go for an a3, just so that I have that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    It’s only £7.94 (less 10% premium discount) inc vat so it’s not that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My mistake, I was looking at the £15 mug sized listing. Yes, 100 sheets is £1.25 cheaper on their site.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just tried our first batch of mugs in our blizzard oven. Man, they stink!

Anyway, tried a mixture of mugs as we do colour changing mugs too. At 160 degrees for 20 minutes the colour changing mugs were perfect. The white mugs we tried were not unfortunately and were very undercooked.

We had 12 on one tray and 10 on the other to see if the extra bit of space made a difference but both trays were the same.

So, my question is, when you guys put your mugs in, do you then wait for the oven to get back to 160 before counting 20 minutes?

Also, do you put another piece of paper in between the sublimation paper and the mug wrap? I ask because the design is now imprinted on our mug wraps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfocus View Post
    Just tried our first batch of mugs in our blizzard oven. Man, they stink!

Anyway, tried a mixture of mugs as we do colour changing mugs too. At 160 degrees for 20 minutes the colour changing mugs were perfect. The white mugs we tried were not unfortunately and were very undercooked.

We had 12 on one tray and 10 on the other to see if the extra bit of space made a difference but both trays were the same.

So, my question is, when you guys put your mugs in, do you then wait for the oven to get back to 160 before counting 20 minutes?

Also, do you put another piece of paper in between the sublimation paper and the mug wrap? I ask because the design is now imprinted on our mug wraps.
    Just out of curiosity, which mugs are you using?
    And yes, I tend to put a piece of copy paper between the transfer and the wrap for that very reason:+)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Baldy For This Useful Post:

gazfocus (09-06-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, oven must be to temp or your turkey, I mean mugs, won't cook properly. I'd start of with less mugs. You can do just 1 to start with and make sure all is ok, far less waste. Then try say 6 on a tray once you're happy. No, I don't put extra paper in but I do cut the transfer so that it wraps top to bottom and handle both sides or you can get a green tint from the wraps.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

gazfocus (09-06-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which mugs are you using?
    And yes, I tend to put a piece of copy paper between the transfer and the wrap for that very reason:+)
    We use Grade AA mugs from Neil Brothers. Do you find that the time needs extending when you add an extra sheet of paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yes, oven must be to temp or your turkey, I mean mugs, won't cook properly. I'd start of with less mugs. You can do just 1 to start with and make sure all is ok, far less waste. Then try say 6 on a tray once you're happy. No, I don't put extra paper in but I do cut the transfer so that it wraps top to bottom and handle both sides or you can get a green tint from the wraps.
    Ok thanks. We actually did the two trays of mugs, after 20 minutes took a colour changing mug and a normal mug out to check, then left them in for a bit longer, tried another, and did it that way (they were also reject mugs that had pin holes in the handles, etc, so wasn't bothered about the waste).

Ended on about 30 minutes for all the mugs to cook but obviously opening/closing the oven each time will have had an impact.

I did notice that with the temp dial set to 160, the oven thermometer I bought didn't get past 150 though so will try upping it until the oven thermometer reads 160 degrees.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't use an extra sheet of paper, but the transfers are about 95mm high on a 10oz mug minus my trimming.

The actual oven temperature can vary according to the Salter thermometer, but at present it reads 160 degrees which is the same as the dial. 19 mins for 10oz AAA Orcas. 1-2 mins more for designs with large areas of dark green. In total I'll print 14-18 mugs per batch. I reload the oven immediately.

What paper and ink are you using?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I don't use an extra sheet of paper, but the transfers are about 95mm high on a 10oz mug minus my trimming.

The actual oven temperature can vary according to the Salter thermometer, but at present it reads 160 degrees which is the same as the dial. 19 mins for 10oz AAA Orcas. 1-2 mins more for designs with large areas of dark green. In total I'll print 14-18 mugs per batch. I reload the oven immediately.

What paper and ink are you using?
    Thanks Gary,
    I bought a Taylor oven thermometer and when the dial says 160 it reads 150 (could well be a dudd thermometer but will try again tomorrow).

The issue with the wraps is the design is migrating from the sublimation paper to the wrap itself. I've not experienced any tinge on the mugs from the wraps so that doesn't appear to be an issue, just that I can now see the mug design on the wraps (I may try washing them but can't see it helping).

I'm using Sublinova Sure ink and Srace paper. I cut the paper to 99mm high (3 on an A4 sheet).

Thanks again

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also does the smell die down after a few uses or do I need to buy some masks haha