Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Andysam26467, GoonerGary, Jason, Justin

Similar Threads

1. halogen oven vs Sublimation vacuum oven
    By smiley_mug in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-08-2023, 03:21 PM
  2. One for the bn20 owners...
    By scotty44 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-07-2016, 11:52 AM
  3. Ricoh owners I need a little help!
    By scotty44 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM
  4. For DTG owners only
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-08-2014, 11:00 AM
  5. Convection oven
    By thepetographer in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Blizzard Convection Oven Owners

Hi Guys

Those of you who own the Blizzard Convection oven will you share your times and dial settings so we can build up a good picture of what works best. Obviously there are variables but it would be good to get a starting point. I will share mine and tag those who I know have one.

I have only included mugs for now, but I please share anything else, once we have a good collection of items we could produce a new post with a definitive list...

Environment: I have business unit that has no heating. In winter months it does get quite cold and this does have an effect on printing due to the ceramics being considerably colder than normal. This generally adds about 2 minutes to the below times which are based on summer times.

My mug template is 92mm deep and 220 wide.

Always make sure your dye sub paper is wider (or longer if you like) than the mug wrap. Mine is almost touching the handle. I have found this prevents the blue hue which is common in ovens. I tend to have no bleed at the top and 1mm or less at the bottom. I have nothing at the top as I find that the ink can transfer to the inside top, reducing the amount at the bottom reduces the amount of ink that is transferred into a gas with no where to go (except places like the handle).

I clean my wraps about once a month. Ram the oven up to full and when hot chuck all the wraps in for 20 minutes ish.

"Light spots" will either be time or pressure. Increase the time and see what happens, but it might be time to replace the wraps.

1 Mug 7 minutes
    6 Mugs 12 minutes
    24 Mugs 16 minutes

Attached Images Attached Images
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

smiley_mug (08-09-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My temperature is set the same, our timings for mugs,

1 Mug - GET THE PRESS OUT
    3 Mugs - 10 Minutes
    4 Mugs - 11 Minutes
    6 Mugs - 12 Minutes
    9 Mugs - 12 Minutes 30 secs
    14 Mugs - 14 Minutes
    17 Mugs - 16 Minutes
    22 mugs - 18 Minutes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting.
    It shows that an oven is only viable for quantities over 6 mugs. I have a twin press and can do 6 mugs in 12 mins. But really useful when doing large orders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Very interesting.
    It shows that an oven is only viable for quantities over 6 mugs. I have a twin press and can do 6 mugs in 12 mins. But really useful when doing large orders.
    Don't forget the consistency of using the oven, top to bottom full wrap and printing closer to the handle.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (30-01-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with Justin's comments tbh.

When I put a mug in the oven, regardless of how many it is and what the design is, I know it is going to print exactly as it should. I never look at how close it is to the handle, nor do I care if there is print bleeding off the top or the bottom. While I agree that there are some mug presses that can do that, I wonder how many operators can say with true conviction that they have 100% faith in their kit to consistently produce a mug that prints top and bottom and 220mm wide regardless of qty.

I 100% agree with you Earl in that there will be a few jobs where a mug press will probably be a better option, but in my very humble opinion, those jobs have too many restrictions (print area etc) and are too inconsistent.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (30-01-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mugs for me is only a side job and 1 to 2 % of my business. 80% embroidery and 18% printing t-shirts is what I do.
    But a very interesting point , my mug press, the Adkins studio twin will only ( with confidence) do an 180x85 mm print. But when the whole area is printed I will turn the mug over and press again for another few mins to make sure the corners are done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't forget to add your mug type, as mug wall thickness can introduce a variable. I'll get my oven up and running at the weekend hopefully.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am only using a halogen at present, but comments seem quite good about this convection oven.

I have googled blizzard convection oven, is it the 33ltr one that people use.

And a good supplier please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gooner: Good point. My times and temp is for Listawood Duraglaz 10oz mug

Robhil, this is the one I have https://www.cs-catering-equipment.co...onvection-oven

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robhil View Post
    I am only using a halogen at present, but comments seem quite good about this convection oven.

I have googled blizzard convection oven, is it the 33ltr one that people use.

And a good supplier please.
    I ordered my 33l Blizzard from CEonline for £382 delivered.

As I mentioned before I was really stuck for depth space on my worktops. The oven needs a 4 inch clearance from the wall for safety, so it will fit perfectly on a standard 2 ft depth kitchen worktop. Unless, like my studio, your electricity sockets and network cables sit in a plastic enclosure preventing your oven going anywhere. I'll have to turn my studio upside down this weekend to get this into place, hence the delay in getting the oven set up. Buy yourself a CO2 fire extinguisher.