Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Andysam26467, GoonerGary, Jason, Justin

Similar Threads

1. halogen oven vs Sublimation vacuum oven
    By smiley_mug in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-08-2023, 03:21 PM
  2. One for the bn20 owners...
    By scotty44 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-07-2016, 11:52 AM
  3. Ricoh owners I need a little help!
    By scotty44 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM
  4. For DTG owners only
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-08-2014, 11:00 AM
  5. Convection oven
    By thepetographer in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also does the smell die down after a few uses or do I need to buy some masks haha
    I have never noticed a smell with mine. The only time I use a mask is when I clean the wraps...

For example, I am about to print a load of white panel black mugs that require a heavy black. Once I have finished I will up the temperature to its highest level and stick the wraps in there for about 10 minutes to gas off all the excess ink that is left on the wrap. When you open the oven you see it all escape and that is the only time I wear a mask.

I do not put a piece of paper or anything else in between the wrap and the printed sheet even though you can see an imprint of the design. I am using either the 120gsm or the 115gsm papers from Ink Experts. For my set up they do not allow any bleed through from the wrap (hence no need to use any additional paper), even if you were to put paper in between it would not affect the time/temp enough to adjust anything.

If its a small run of around 144 then I will most likely do 18 at a time which are cooked between 21-24 minutes depending on the design. Once I finish the first 18 the second 18 go straight in and the timer starts again.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also does the smell die down after a few uses or do I need to buy some masks haha
    I will add that Justin uses a mask. But I think that is for the benefit of his coworkers who find him ugly
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The design migrating to the wraps, I reckon is due to the oven being too hot. I use heavyweight paper, so it probably does a better job at preventing the ink seeping through the paper. The smell is most likely your new wraps.

You can clean your wraps by turning the temperature up to maximum and burning the ink off for 20 mins. Open your windows wide when you open the oven door!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you use full trays in the oven or grid trays ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everyone will be using the supplied full trays as they work perfectly fine. I recently purchased the grid tray to make it easier to print bottles. The grid trays are much stronger than the aluminium trays which can get bent quite easily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried the 160/20 temp, but my blacks aren't just black enough. My mugs come from best24 since they are cheaper to get over to me in Belgium. i'll up the temperature with 10°C and i'll keep the same time to check if it changes something

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, we’ve just done our first big order in the blizzard oven. Quite a lot of blue so we had to bake the mugs at 170 degrees for 25 minutes. Results were really impressive, however, as noted previously we found the design ended up on the silicone wraps.

This didn’t seem to have any effect to start with but after about 250-300 mugs (so about 7 mugs per wrap), we started to notice the print that had ended up on the wraps was ending up sublimating onto the mugs.

I then put the oven on 300 degrees to clean the wraps and then we started getting the blue tinge on the mugs (as shown below). Any ideas how to prevent this in the future?

We has some new wraps available so used those to finish off the order and have now had all the wraps in the oven at 300 degrees to clean the print off them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfocus View Post
    So, we’ve just done our first big order in the blizzard oven. Quite a lot of blue so we had to bake the mugs at 170 degrees for 25 minutes. Results were really impressive, however, as noted previously we found the design ended up on the silicone wraps.

This didn’t seem to have any effect to start with but after about 250-300 mugs (so about 7 mugs per wrap), we started to notice the print that had ended up on the wraps was ending up sublimating onto the mugs.

I then put the oven on 300 degrees to clean the wraps and then we started getting the blue tinge on the mugs (as shown below). Any ideas how to prevent this in the future?

We has some new wraps available so used those to finish off the order and have now had all the wraps in the oven at 300 degrees to clean the print off them.
    I only had transfers coming on to the wraps due to using copy paper instead of sublimation paper.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justroll View Post
    I only had transfers coming on to the wraps due to using copy paper instead of sublimation paper.
    we use srace paper with sublinova sure inks in an Epson Ecotank.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just had delivered a sublimation oven after pulling hair out with enamel mugs recently in mug presses (70l from Best Sub). Only just onto second round of enamel mugs using the shrink bags but wondered are people still using 160c/20m or other times? The first four at 160s/20m came out a little blurry so wonder if higher temp and shorter time would be best? After wasting over 50 enamel mugs recently then advice would be welcome. Use to do them perfectly in presses but everything has gone to pot recently!