Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cheep Chinese Heat Press Vs Quality Branded Heat press
    By Ravisteam in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  2. Mug machine marks mugs with heat pipe at bottom. Pictures.
    By subnooby in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:32 PM
  3. Heat press & mug press bundles - advice needed
    By Kubicixfactor in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 12:00 AM
  4. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  5. Bottom of mugs...
    By Dezignwar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Had a few minutes tonight to run a couple more tests. Found a use for the uncoated mugs LW sent me! Coated a couple of bases and printed a customers grey logo along with one of my own orange/grey logos and very pleased with the results. Will add photo's.

Good coverage this time and no faded areas, these look better than in the photo's.
    Last edited by Justin; 21-03-2019 at 11:41 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Apologies for reflection.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow! Those logos really raise the perceived value of the mugs. I like both, but particularly like the 'pop' of the orange. Well done Justin, definitely an experiment worth doing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (22-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done indeed. Now just the 1000 dishwasher cycles to go :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Well done indeed. Now just the 1000 dishwasher cycles to go :-)
    Haha, yes that will be interesting! Not too worried about that. Not sure about the dishwasher guarantee with base prints from LW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur.daley View Post
    Marabu in Milton Keynes do a Glass Ink - Glass Ink GL, which uses a hardener. According to the bumpf it will be touch dry at 20 degrees C in 2-3 minutes and reach final hardness in 4 - 6 days. Alternatively, it cures in 30 minutes at 140 C. I think you get a few hours working time with the ink so long as you have a reasonable volume and it is kept in a lidded container. The 2 or 3 m inute drying time is achieved because it is effectively a thin film and the volatiles can evaporate off quickly.

Soooooo, it looks as though if you are cooking in an oven you should be able to achieve a full or near full cure in the normal cooking time. One unknown (to me) is how easy it is to clean the mixed ink from your rubber stamp and will the ink/cleaner destroy the stamp. I think Marabu will do a sample pack, can't remember how much they cost - £20 rings a bell.

As far as trying to sublimate onto the base of mugs goes............ it is my understanding that Listawood used to coat their mugs upside down and so the base would catch some overspray of the polyester coating. However, they now coat with the mug sitting on its base so there shouldn't be any coating on the base. To be in with a chance of sublimating onto the base, without coating it yourself, is to find a supplier whose mugs are still coated upside down.

Arthur
    Just to confirm... GL ink is a great idea and it WILL work. But it needs about 1h at 80C to harden without scratching off. But as you said, give it few minutes and the rest will happen in the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul

Marabu were quite non committal when I spoke to them and the above times and temps are there guide figures. The cook time on a mug either in a oven or a press should go a fair way towards curing the ink film. I really should dig out the sample pack that I have stashed away somewhere - not a task to be undertaken lightly :0( Then all I need to do is find the time to tinker with it - don't hold your breath on this one!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to arthur.daley For This Useful Post:

Paul (24-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quick update to this. I ran off 72 mugs and base printed all yesterday. Subli Glaze was faulty and supplier sent me another can branded as Subli Prep which has worked. One logo wasn't great, probably down to my coating but otherwise they all came out really well. Time consuming printing the logos to the base, I tried 3...4 at a time but best results in the press were 2 at a time but took around 300 seconds at 197c with rubber pads on.

All in all did a really great job but I won't be offering this out generally due to the added labour. Customer paid 50p extra per mug.