Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cheep Chinese Heat Press Vs Quality Branded Heat press
    By Ravisteam in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  2. Mug machine marks mugs with heat pipe at bottom. Pictures.
    By subnooby in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:32 PM
  3. Heat press & mug press bundles - advice needed
    By Kubicixfactor in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 12:00 AM
  4. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  5. Bottom of mugs...
    By Dezignwar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let me know how you get on with your 5013 mugs. What gun are you using for the thermo? I might pick one up soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just a black and decker heat gun, lowest setting starts the process but too slow so you need higher temp setting. This can work a little quick so keep further away ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I got a faint print out on the XP5013, don't ask how long it was in the press for though! Looks like a bit of over-spray nothing more. Tried a Listawood 7oz mug, nothing so obviously not base coated.

Thinking I'll get a can of Subli-Glaze to have a play with. I'll need a plate press with a good opening, couple on eBay, something like this.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plate-Pre...WdYu:rk:6:pf:0

Not sure how big the opening is, probably need to remove the base and lift up. Also need to cut the foam on the upper platen to fit inside the mug base due to the slight shallow.

Just read that the Subli-Glaze needs to be cured in oven at 160c for around 20 mins, wonder if 12 mins at 190 would work (i.e. time they take to print main image in oven)
    Last edited by Justin; 01-03-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    160 degrees - 19-20 mins is the exact time I print two full trays of mugs in the Blizzard oven!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Should cure the coating nicely then :-) Remind me which mugs you use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5013 also. The most mugs I've put into the oven has been 18, but I'm going to drop that down to 12 or 16 as I'm getting patchy results. Haven't singled out the exact cause yet.

Not that it matters for the underside of a mug, but look how bad the coating is with dust and pinholes.

https://youtu.be/KrH1WGaNxu8?t=213

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try the clear coating. Just found an old blanket so I'm looking to cut small discs from the rubber, place these over the small base transfer and press in my flat press, perhaps 6 mugs at a time. I can't really see the benefit to using the plate press as this will surely do the same thing.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You can get a PressMech to open enough to get a mug in, but would need to adapt the top heat plate to make it work with the mug base (or get Dicky to make one) - you'd still only be doing one mug at a time though. If you were personalising the base print, you may be able to add enough value to the mug to make printing it twice worthwhile, but I doubt it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    That's how I've been testing so far on the Pressmech. Why would the top platen need changing? If it works for 1 mug it would work for multiple mugs?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Suppose was thinking in terms of getting a tight fit into the concave of the mug base, that a circular heat plate would work well if made to the size of the mug - suppose the ideal is a top heat plate with 12 circles for the mugs, and a jig on the base plate, so that the mugs get aligned properly.... suppose you could get some metal circles the correct size cut, and welded to the top platen, and made the bottom jig out of wood, and clamp it in place. you could then do 12 mugs at a time, which gives you a bit more efficiency- assuming 3 minutes to press, that's 15 seconds pressing per mug.