Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Entering Tracking numbers...
    By webtrekker in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2018, 02:48 PM
  2. best postage with tracking?
    By mrhotdog in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-12-2014, 09:52 PM
  3. Vinyl Tracking Solution.
    By NikGrey in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-10-2014, 04:32 PM
  4. For Sale Pre-cut football numbers
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-05-2011, 04:32 PM
  5. Tracking marks
    By swimwivsquid in forum Printers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay and tracking numbers?

Had email this morning about eBay's new rules re: inserting tracking numbers for all sales. I use regular Royal Mail (usually 2nd class Large Letter or Small Parcel) and using eBay's system to print post labels, they (eBay) issue a tracking number that tells me when the item has been delivered to the buyer.

I'm confused as to whether that's OK, I'm covered on this domestic tracking thing, or if they are now demanding I use tracked Royal Mail (or other carrier's) services, which are prohibitively expensive? I spoke to eBay and I'm still confused.

Also, it seems that to sell Internationally from March, International Standard postage won't cut it (because there is no tracking on this service) so I will be obliged to use their Global Shipping Service, which charges the buyer for tracked services. I seem to recall when I tried this before, a couple of years ago, my International sales all but dried up. Anyone ??????

Thanks,

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray as you know Ebay are trying there hardest to make things tough for sellers across the board. I heard a whisper that they are introducing Adyen which will replace Paypal and reduce the seller fee's dramatically. If it helps it's one to keep an eye on in the next few months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to what I have just read, there is a minimum invoice charge for Adyen of £100 per month so even if their fees are lower per transaction then the minimum monthly charge will kill off the majority of sellers, leaving only the big boys.

Paypal will not be an option from 2023 it seems.

Have I read this wrongly?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to eBay again about this and the person I spoke to said that I could carry on using the services I do now (2nd class, 1st class and Int. Standard Royal Mail) and that would be fine - but in the event of a claim of not received from a buyer, eBay might come down more in favour of the buyer than the seller if proper tracked services had not been used. Although if the tracking number issued by the Shutl system said the item HAD been delivered, I don't see that the buyer would have much of a case. And ......... breathe!!

By the way, the monthly charge from Adyen is €100 - around £87.

Ray

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray, most of the items I sell on ebay are just using 2nd class LL, I still buy stamps, am I really better off using their post? what printer do you use to print the labels off ?
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note: Although a certificate of posting is useful to ensure that you can claim compensation from Royal Mail in case of loss or damage of your item, it's not sufficient evidence in order to be protected when a buyer claims not having received the item. Only proof of delivery is accepted under the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy. You can get proof of delivery for items sent by Royal Mail by using a recorded service.

For eBay delivery powered by Shutl, please review Terms and Conditions with regard to claims for loss or damage.

and on their no compensation list on Shutl it includes:
    • Ceramic or composite items of any description including without limitation glass, mirrored items, crystal, ceramics, porcelain, plaster, marble, china, stone, slate, resin, granite, concrete (or any item containing these materials)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    Ray, most of the items I sell on ebay are just using 2nd class LL, I still buy stamps, am I really better off using their post? what printer do you use to print the labels off ?
    I find it easier to use the "Print Postage Label" option in eBay. I just use a normal printer and A4 paper for the labels, cut them up (sometimes turning paper around and getting more than one label out of the A4 sheet) then use transparent document wallets to attach them to the parcels. I also print out a Proof of Postage on another sheet, and get this date stamped at the post office. And the eBay tracking number is handy too. If a parcel goes astray it enables me to get a refund from Royal Mail.

Ray

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ray thanks for that, I post around 10-20 items a day and they are all only in small envelopes although large letter (pin badges). I stopped taking a daily postage sheet to the PO since the GDPR rules, as I would then have a printed copy of my customers addresses which needs to be kept in a locked file, and details of when scrapped kept, along with how scrapped. I have an agreement with my local PO that they will verify any missing items on a single dated sheet - so I would take it in and they would re-wind their stamp to the date posted. I know it is not ideal, but it is a village PO and we have known them for years.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    10-20 items a day would be worth getting an OBA account with Royal Mail and using Click and Drop, for the amount you're sending it'd be worth getting a quote for Tracked Parcel Services too.
    Using C&D with Ebay would automatically upload all the Large Letter tracking numbers, mark orders as despatched on Ebay, and print off your postage labels