Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. epson ( I KNOW) problems
    By Mugshots in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 11:49 AM
  2. Epson 1500w problems
    By pesketta in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 01:39 PM
  3. HELP! Epson s22 Problems
    By creations4you in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-11-2012, 11:35 PM
  4. Epson b1100 ink problems please help
    By JOSI74 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 02:21 PM
  5. Epson B1100 Problems
    By bazwalt in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-01-2011, 05:51 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epson T5200 ink problems

This printer is only 2 years old and worked fine until after xmas when it started leaking black ink badly. We had the pump cap assembly unit replaced as they thought it was that but it still seemed to leak and now it won't recognise most of the ink cartridges. We tried putting the originals in and it won't recognise them either. Has anyone had similar problems to this before with Epson printers? Its a large format one. We've got some new chips on the way but not sure if it will fix it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Any chance the engineer didn't re-connect the chip board ribbon cable when they were replacing the pump cap assy.? That would explain the ink recognition issue, especially if it was working fine before. Is it recognising any of the cartridges?

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InkExpress View Post
    Any chance the engineer didn't re-connect the chip board ribbon cable when they were replacing the pump cap assy.? That would explain the ink recognition issue, especially if it was working fine before. Is it recognising any of the cartridges?

Alex
    I can ask him but none of them would be recognised then I think? It is recognising some, and it keeps changing, and new chips didnt work. We are waiting for a new damper kit to arrive and he is going to try that.
    We've got it working this afternoon the same as yesterday by blowing a hairdryer on it for a minute. As we work in an outdoor cabin we thought it might be cold or damp.

As Im typing it was printing and now its stopped half way through saying it does recognise yellow now, so frustrating!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artygirl View Post
    I can ask him but none of them would be recognised then I think? It is recognising some, and it keeps changing, and new chips didnt work. We are waiting for a new damper kit to arrive and he is going to try that.
    We've got it working this afternoon the same as yesterday by blowing a hairdryer on it for a minute. As we work in an outdoor cabin we thought it might be cold or damp.

As Im typing it was printing and now its stopped half way through saying it does recognise yellow now, so frustrating!
    Very, I would also agree with it being damp, moisture will build up on the electronic boards and chips causing fluctuations in the electrical signal between the cartridge chips and the printer. Ideally the printer needs to be kept in a warm place to prevent this. I would put good money on it being this.

With the new chips arriving you should find it will work with these, especially if the weather improves / you improve the conditions of where the printer is kept.

You may also find the chip contacts are tarnished due to the moisture from the cold / condensation.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    And you are correct, the board wont be disconnected if some are recognising and not others, so can't be that. Most likely the moisture affecting the chips.

Alex

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put new chips in and it did exactly the same. We've had the printer in here over 2 years with no problems. Do you have any suggestions how to fix it at all?
    Thanks for your help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Not really I'm afraid I have a little experience with wide format from using a 9880 some years back but I never actually did any servicing or repairs myself. If the chips are new I would be looking at the contact boards in side the printer that contact with the cartridge chips. But I am just guessing to be honest.

Alex

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for your help