Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best sublimation ink?

Hi everyone, new to the forum, really would appreciate some help here. I'm struggling with results printing mugs, I have an Epson wf 2510 with sublimation ink and a Galaxy mug press pro v2 but cannot get decent images, the image is a black ink image and writing and it comes out with yellow around the image which I think means it's too hot so drop the temp by 5 degrees and it is faded. Could it be cheap ink or should I be using a certain transfer paper? What is the best ink and transfer paper for this combo? What do you think? Temp on the press is 150 degrees C for 120 seconds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... I'm going through mugs like you wouldn't believe. Cheers everybody in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What ink are you using and do you have profile installed?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin, the ink is called fotorite and I got a package which included the profile set up from Cityink Express

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi. Although I have a different printer (Ricoh SG3110DN), I use inks from CIE and my results are excellent.

You don't say what make of mugs you are printing on? Mug coatings make a tremendous difference.

Also, and I'm not dissing Epson here, but I have read many times about yellow casts from Epson printers. However, never having used them for sublimation, I can only suggest you wait for someone with more experience with these printers to reply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mugs are PixMax, also I am working in my garage, do you think humidity or cold will affect results? Cheers.
    Last edited by darode; 04-02-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Mugs could be the issue, inks 'should' be ok. Temp can play a large factor in results, especially with papers etc. try to ensure there's always a background heat source keeping the chill/damp off.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin, what make of mugs and transfers would you recommend?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Plenty of discussions on here, personally I only use Xpres XP5013 10oz mugs. You'll see members also using Listawood mugs amongst others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I appreciate it, What transfer paper would you recommend? Sorry to keep bombarding you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Trupix for me and many others, Ink Express do a good paper as well so check them out (remember your discount) Xpres have a good budget paper.