Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Text Dimensions for Different Sized Shirts?
    By Stitch Up in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-11-2018, 02:14 PM
  2. Non-standard sized sublimation blanks
    By AtterySquash in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-02-2017, 04:16 PM
  3. A4 sized photo printer - Advice please
    By Justin in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2016, 10:13 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
  5. teddy sized t-shirts
    By jenthelemur in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug sized sub paper

Evening all,

I recently switched from your typical A4 sub paper to pre cut mug size paper, one of the most sensible moves I've made thus far.

Now my question. Everywhere cut size is 240mm in width, meaning the paper touches the handles, I've narrowed my print size down to around 210mm wide to avoid faded edges, but can find some inconsistencies in the print and edges, something I suspect may be due to the paper being forced off the mug my too much paper against the handle when under pressure in the press.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding mug cut paper size, do you pre trim like I am now doing, am I missing a trick.

Anyones time is appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, you will need to guilotine both ends of the mug paper before taping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay great to hear my summation is on park!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave precut paper a go except mine was 210mm wide. It was just the thing I wanted as Iprint a lot of 1 off transfers and was wasting stacks of A4 paper. My problem was that my printers struggled to pick it up. It would constantly pick up multiple sheets. I made sure the paper was well fanned and separated before putting it in the printer - still mis fed. This was using Magic Touch and Trupix papers in Ricoh 3110 and 7100 printers.

Arthur

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by legacyc View Post
    Evening all,

I recently switched from your typical A4 sub paper to pre cut mug size paper, one of the most sensible moves I've made thus far.
    Where do you, or anyone else get your precut paper?

thanks.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Magic Touch will sell you pre cut paper. That said, just to give it a trial run - assuming you have a half decent rotary paper trimmer, cut half a dozen A4 sheets down. Alternatively, if you have a local print shop with a proper paper guilliotine they can easily cut a box of 100 sheets in one go. Just be sure to get them to cut the A4 into three equal lots - 98mm x 3 which leaves 1mm to trim off the last one. As i said above,I had th devils own time with getting the printers to pick up individual sheets. If I was just printing one mug opening the paper drawer and putting a single sheet in was ok if a bit of a pain. On the whole I found it to be more trouble than its worth and just budget for using a whole sheet on singles or doubles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I just use a full sheet, printed with crop marks so that I can easily line them up and guillotine them. I prefer to have my wraps virtually handle-to-handle so I print them landscape and get two wraps to a sheet of A4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tight i use A4 sheets and you can fit 3 on at 21cm wide on each sheet. Even if i only print one i will then print 2 of my own mugs just to use the paper. so every a4 sheets does 3 prints.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    I'm tight i use A4 sheets and you can fit 3 on at 21cm wide on each sheet. Even if i only print one i will then print 2 of my own mugs just to use the paper. so every a4 sheets does 3 prints.
    I usually do this, occasionally in landscape.

I have a template from listawood when I use it in my software it's not correct , it's about half the size is should be. So I need to look into that.

With the pre cut paper, how do you get the peinter/software to pick it up and get the peint on it. Never had to try something like that.

The print shop with a guillotine is an option, not doing that many jugs yet, still learning and making up some here and their for people.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk