Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Coral 4 mug press settings?
    By Tryweryn in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-08-2013, 01:25 AM
  2. Views on the DF14 Heat Press
    By Stitch Up in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM
  3. For Sale df14 mug press for sale hardly used.
    By fredster in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 07:23 PM
  4. DF14 mug press, any good? thoughts please
    By Firecake in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 01:35 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Settings on a DF14 Mug Press?

Good afternoon to all you knowledgeable people :)

We don't do many mugs so forget how to use the DF14 mug press!

We have some ceramic Xpres 11oz mugs and we've been trying to press a simple all black design. Unfortunately we've failed miserably and the mug comes out with a great black near the bottom but in the centre it's got a red tinge!

We're pressing at 180deg for 180 seconds and medium pressure. We have tried a few variations.

When we have the mug in the DF14 press and press start, the temperature starts at 90deg and climbs to 180deg and then the timer starts to count down from 180sec. Is this what we should expect? My thoughts are that the press should start at 180deg and then the timer decrease from 180secs!

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Which inks are you using?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory, InkExpress https://www.inkexpress.co.uk/

Hope you're keeping well Justin. :) :)
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thank you john, I am yes, I trust you are the same?

OK so not Ricoh inks that cook at lower temp.

The DF14 is one of those funny presses that gets up to temp and then starts counting. In which case, I assume you have to allow for this or you'll be overheating. As sublimation starts at a much lower temp surely it will be cooking whilst warming up. How long does it take to get to full temp before countdown?

Sorry, I'm not helping much at the moment, just going through a few ideas until someone with a DF14 comes along! lol.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're all good thanks Justin - looking forward to retiring and devoting my time to the print shop :)

I've always found the operation of the DF14 rather strange, and you're probably right, the time to warm up while the mug is in the press should be factored in somehow!

Maybe someone currently using the DF14 will be able to chip in.

Cheers

John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello John

I have one of these presses.

The press has three things to set: Idle (holding) temperature, operating (cooking) temperature & time.

It works as follows:
    - Once the press is warm it will not drop below the idle temperature. This is the temp to put the mug in.
    - Once the mug is in the press, press the start button. When the press reaches the operating temperature, the timer counts down the time set.

BMS recommend the idle temperature to be set to 110C and the operating temperature of 180C for a time of 150 seconds, reducing temp to 170C and time to 140sec for Ricoh inks.

I haven't printed any mugs for a while - the sticker on my press reads "set to 110, 180, 80" for Ricoh ink & Euro mugs.
    Unless the room/mugs are cold, I would let the press drop to just 150 before putting the mug in.

I think some members here use a second press set at a static 110 to preheat the mug.

Skye

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skye For This Useful Post:

Justin (06-02-2019), Stitch Up (07-02-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Skye, that certainly gives me a starting point :)

I'll post back when I've experimented a bit.