Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New non sub printer connection

You know that moment when you unpack a printer, and then realise it is wifi only, so your desktop pc, is still sitting there waiting for a printer.

Arrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh

My fault I had an epson WF2520 I could not get a replacement so I ordered a WF2750 which is wifi only apparently.

I guess there is no walk way around this issue is there ?
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I thought the WF-2750 was both wifi AND usb? Is there a usb connection on the printer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the online manual that model has a USB port on the back - its just Epson don't supply a cable for that connection. You can download the full user guide here: https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd51270.pdf . The connection details are on page 24 of the guide.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, i have looked at lots online, and looked at their video online, but could only see settings for the wifi, I will need to find a bloody long cable now, as the old one was networked to the other side of the office via a network cable- the one thats like a phone cable thing. the model I have is the WF-2750DWF which the company I called that I bought it from said wifi only
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just ordered some cables from https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/ as I have been moving my own printers around. They do have long USB cables in their range, but they are very expensive, as they have some sort of signal boosting electronics half way along the length of the cable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul, I have ordered a 5m cable, and will have to jiggle the cable to see where that gets me to, if not I will order a longer one, like you say much dearer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't a WIFI dongle plugged into a USB port on your PC the answer? It works for me.

Ray

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bloody hell Ray that never occurred to me might give that a whirl. I presume though my PC would need the wifi board bit inside it though ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you Google "WiFi dongle" you'll see you can get an external dongle that plugs into a USB port on your PC. You can also get WiFi cards which do go inside.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aaah right, so the dongle is "stand alone" as it were. right, guess I will order one of those as well