Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Warranty Repairs
    By GoonerGary in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2017, 11:42 AM
  2. Corel Draw trial expired, which should I buy?
    By brightday83 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-11-2016, 12:15 PM
  3. Ricoh warranty
    By india in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 11:41 PM
  4. Advice on my printer choices please
    By Daddyg in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-08-2013, 10:56 PM
  5. Ricoh warranty
    By petetheprint in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-06-2010, 07:42 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ink choices with SG400 after warranty period (not yet expired)

Having stuck in another set of Sawgrass ink carts into it wondering what we might do when the 2 yr warrranty runs out on the unit with regard to alternative or rather 'cheaper' ink options. What do others put in their SG400 with success? I can be smug while running them but when I have to replace a cartridge I feel a little robbed so my thoughts wander in search of cheaper alternatives that may have the same quality and reliability.

I know that you can get a swap out kit for the Sublisplash alternatives but without wishing to sound like a cheapskate they aren't hugely cheaper that Sawgrass, which to give them credit have a good support network as well as a reliable ink (yes I guess you pay for that) I did first setting out buy a cheap 3110 and ebay inks and they worked well, we did lots with that but it was an experimental time into sublimation and eventually the machine developed a fault and then we got some good orders which is why we moved to an 'offical' solution if you can call it with the SG400. We'd love an A3 printer but dont have the work in to warrant another change up in equipment just yet, did consider it when getting the SG400 but couldn't swallow the cost difference for what we needed at the time. Anyway back to the question, ink options for SG400's please if you would share your opinions.

Also, what do the likes of Social Giraffe and UK printed mugs run in the way of Subli printers and inks, you guys (and im sure there are others) seem to be at the larger volume end of the scale (compared to us anyway)

Cheers
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I use a VJ628 with Sawgrass inks, superb printer, cheap to run, never had an issue and prints onto 25" paper, RIP nests images etc.

Also use 1500 and ET-2650 both with Inktec inks from InkExpress, superb inks and excellent value, even better service.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I use a VJ628 with Sawgrass inks, superb printer, cheap to run, never had an issue and prints onto 25" paper, RIP nests images etc.

Also use 1500 and ET-2650 both with Inktec inks from InkExpress, superb inks and excellent value, even better service.
    Thanks Justin :)

We are working on a new ink set for the RICOH / SG printers that should be excellent quality and great value for money. We already do an alternative but are looking to improve on that ink.

Popular machines for larger users tend to be the Epson SCP600 or 1500W A3 machines usually running Inktec Sublinova inks.

We are currently looking into a range of A3 and A4 printers for subli based on Epson Ecotank printers, we believe these will be the future of sublimation printing and will offer great quality and reliability.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

mr-gobby (24-02-2019)