Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug press how close to the handle.
    By louise1977 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-10-2017, 11:02 AM
  2. Pressing two trasnfers close together
    By Greybeard in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-03-2015, 11:46 PM
  3. close to.......
    By bigj2552 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 09:49 PM
  4. why do they call it day off
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 03:59 PM
  5. printing close to the handle
    By SJL in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-05-2011, 07:19 PM

Thread: Close call

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close call

Just over a week ago I went to the doctors after a week of my wife’s verbal persuasion (nagging). I was getting short of breath easily, and had mostly before put it down to a cough/cold I had since before the Printwear show.

So anyway after my doctor doing a few tests, along with the training doctor who was with him they were confused by some result and went out to chat with one of the other doctors. Then they called the local hospital for some advice and before I know it I have an appointment there the same day. I went along and I am walking between the test areas until the last test when suddening I was laid on a bed and asked not to try and get up.

A nice lady came and did an ultrasound on my heart, it turned out I had many blood clots, in the right side of heart and both lungs. Now the thing is, I felt breathless but I felt no pain with it. I assumed if it were serious it would hurt more but so many times that evening I was called a very lucky man!

I had to spend nearly a week in the coronary care unit in Poole hospital, I have to say they are the most amazing team I could of wished for and I am responding well to the medication so things are looking up. Now back home it’s half term and I get to spend the week with my wife and two kids. It’s something I am feeling extremely lucky to have and over the many hours in hospital which gave me time to reflect, it’s not something I had really considered at the age of 41. Basically the message I want to get over to people is listen to your body (and those close to you that notice changes) it’s always worth checking out. I have had to admit my wife was right and agree to always listen to her in future but on a serious note I am glad I did this time!

I went the other week and collected roger’s a3 ricoh and stahl Maxx press which I haven’t even yet setup properly. The printer needed two new inks so I got one of the sublisplash swapout kits to go with it. Looking forward to getting it all up and running.

Alex.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tubstar For This Useful Post:

Surfsuprex (07-06-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear you are on the mend Alex - happy sublimating

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brant For This Useful Post:

Tubstar (17-02-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think you owe the wife a sizeable belated valentines prezzie as you must have been relaxing in bed on that day. Does sound lucky as could have been a lot more serious. Helps with a bit of perspective having a good health scare. Having to do several head cleans for a colour drop or wasting a few too many blanks due to your press ain't all that bad ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Tubstar (18-02-2019)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually got out on the 13th so was home for valentines but i hadn't been out to get a card. So yes I think a nice big gift/gesture when she doesn't expect it should go down well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear you're ok Alex. My girlfriend also kept on at me for the yearly MOT we can have here when over 50. They found nothing wrong with me except to be careful with my sugar intake. It really gave me peace of mind and now I go every year.
    If you can get it done on the NHS then I would highly recommend it.

A friend of ours didnt have tests then one day he had a pain in his prostrate. Next day he was due to go on holiday and was told by the doc that if he went he would come back in a body bag. Needless to say he was operated on and is now healthy.