Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Photoshop setting for good black Photoshop CS6
    By Bispham in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-07-2017, 01:08 PM
  2. Graphics templates
    By petaleecossey87 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-05-2017, 05:33 PM
  3. Which graphics tablet ?
    By mrs maggot in forum Software
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31-03-2015, 06:00 PM
  4. Graphics for t-shirts
    By Mattie in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 28-04-2011, 06:40 PM
  5. Vehicle Graphics!
    By AdamB in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-08-2010, 03:21 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Photoshop Crashing with specific graphics - Anyone seen this?

I usually use Photoshop CC 2019 but started having a few issues with certain jpeg graphics.

When I open a jpeg image it's fine, as soon as I try to send it to print it crashes Photoshop with an APPCRASH error message.

I've trawled the internet for answers. Seemed to point towards graphics drivers so I've followed instructions and completely removed my drivers ensuring any old reference files are cleaned and installed latest Nvidia driver. I've also removed and reinstalled Photoshop. Nothing helps. I can't see any difference between these odd files and the 1000's of others I have here. Same problem is happening if I try Photoshop CS6 which made me think it was outside of Photoshop. Just tried on another PC running CS6 and that crashes as well.....which makes me think it isn't graphics drivers!

I've just tried CS4 as a last resort, file printed fine! So, around and around we go!

Appreciate and advice, hopefully I'm missing something obvious ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Rather than just remove this thread I thought I'd update for anyone who may experience in the future.

I hadn't realised how easy or effective Adobe Live Chat Support would be! Got them to dial in and check, problem soled in 30 seconds. Apparently it was a preference issue. Still not sure how it was caused but solution was easy.

Open Appdata folder, rename the Adobe Photoshop .exe file to .old and restart.......job done! Sorted all software instantly.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    People can spend good money on CC subscriptions, so it makes sense that their support is good thankfully.

There's a key combination you can hold down (I think Ctrl, Shift, and Alt) while starting PS which brings up a dialog box to reset the prefs file, to sort this type of problem - we've had it a lot at the same stage as you (sending to print)

If on Nvidia, if you install their GeForce Experience, it will tell you when there's a new graphics driver available, and handle the install of it.

We did have one PS computer which had a graphics card problem when doing some PS stuff - mainly some transform functions like Skew and perspective IIRC - recently I wiped it and did full Windows reinstall, and it's been OK since. (Advantage of having all files stored on NAS drives, means nothing is stored on the computers themselves, making reinstalls fairly painless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just posted this in another similar thread but wanted to update here:

Quick update, I've worked out what's happening with Photoshop crashing. It's something to do with when the images were initially created. If I copy and paste into a new document and reserve, the new image is fine and no longer crashes the software. In fairness one agent at Adobe did suggest something on these lines but several others have spent around 6 hours dialled in going off on wild tangents!!

Could be something to do with plug ins, either way it's something that's changed non the software since the images were created, could just be the updated software itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone used GIMP as an alternative? I have tried it but as I have CS6 there's nothing to be gained.

Anyone?
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin. There is a known Photoshop "Feature" (or bug to users!) that crashes the software when clicking print if the printer originally used for that image file is offline. If simply the ip address of printer has changed then Photoshop throws wobbly. Us and thousands of others have complained to Adobe but they say it is not their fault. Why their software cannot deal with a simple printer response error fault I don't know. So we always copy and paste into a new file as this requires printer preferences to be chosen again.