Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. sublinova inks colour setting in PS6
    By sublimev in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-09-2018, 01:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-03-2018, 02:13 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 02:00 PM
  4. For Sale Inktec Sublinova Sublimation Inks 1 litre bottles
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best paper to use with Sublinova Dye Sub inks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on what best sublimation brand is to use with sublinova? I'd like to avoid pinwheels as much as possible by making sure ink isn't pooling on non copatable paper.

Also just on the off chance (I know os not right section for this). Does anyone know how to slow a printer or prints down beyond just taking the setting off high speed prints?

Thanks.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    inktec also have their own sub paper, which we use by the roll ... kilometres a year, along with their sublinova inks
    Last edited by pisquee; 25-02-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    inktec also have their own sub paper, which we use by the roll ... kilometres a year, along with their sublinova inks
    Thanks for that. Wasn't aware they did their own. I've had look around and they only seem to do it in rolls as you've said. Is there anywhere I can get this paper in A4 & A3 sheets? If not, I suppose I want to ask tye same original question. I sure plenty of people are using sublinova with some sort of paper brand that work.Thanks.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think they do now, but not sure which suppliers stock it.
    The best paper we've used over the years, is Coldenhove's JetCol HighSpeed .... it's more expensive than what we get the InkTec rolls for, otherwise we'd still use that. It is available in sheets too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    I think they do now, but not sure which suppliers stock it.The best paper we've used over the years, is Coldenhove's JetCol HighSpeed .... it's more expensive than what we get the InkTec rolls for, otherwise we'd still use that. It is available in sheets too.
    Thanks. I'll take a look at that. I'm just looking for something that will absorb this specific ink with fast drying. Had marks from the feed rollers in the past.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    JetCol HS dries very quick and can handle a lot of ink, wheras we now have drying racks for Inkyec's papers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think I've only seen JetCol High Speed in rolls, but after trying lots of different papers in search of cheaper solutions and better release, I eventually came back to TruePix. Sublinova dries fast and agrees with my Epson 1500W. Some papers just work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about S-Race papers or TexPrint with the sublinova inks?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninho View Post
    What about S-Race papers or TexPrint with the sublinova inks?
    One year on since the above post and Ive switched to S Race paper with Sublinova Smart this week. My last dozen boxes of TruePix were curling slightly and catching on the print head. Switching paper cured that problem. S race is a nice heavyweight paper which holds the ink for high quality settings on my Epsons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    One year on since the above post and Ive switched to S Race paper with Sublinova Smart this week. My last dozen boxes of TruePix were curling slightly and catching on the print head. Switching paper cured that problem. S race is a nice heavyweight paper which holds the ink for high quality settings on my Epsons.
    nice to hear, this is the combination i plan when i receive my ecotank Epson printer and the sublinova ink. So i guess i will be already on a good combination then. I just wonder what settings i have to use in the printer setup because suplisplash for example recommends for the ink that you choose premium semi glossy paper and standards quality while my dealer of the sublinova suggests more like best quality and matte paper. I guess i have to test that out. I am also confused about the temperature and time regards to mugs because in every youtube video i actually see different suggestions and its confusing because some give you the complete time in seconds and some give you the time until the press reaches the aimed temperature, so you never know what they actually mean by for example 160 seconds. I saw a video where the guy said 20 seconds is enough after the mug reached its aimed temperature.