Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Help please. 1500w and Sublinova
    By technick in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2018, 03:03 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-03-2018, 02:13 PM
  3. epson 4880 sublinova smart 8 colors
    By jojoff974 in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 07:33 AM
  4. For Sale Sublinova Smart
    By mags1892 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2016, 06:16 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublinova Smart or Sublinova Sure for wf7710 with 'precisioncore' printhead?

Hi all,

Im looking at Sublinova inks to use in my printer and it seems that the Smart range is used for epson desktops with piezo printheads and the Sure range is used in the large format printers from epson with TFP printheads.

The workforce printers actually TFP piezo print heads, so im wondering if the Sure inks should be used in the work force peinter? Majority of epson desktop printers use the original piezo printheads, so maybe its just been the assumption that you should use the Smart range in the desktop printers ignoring the fact the workforce have different print heads.

Just want to male sure im using the right ink for my printer/printhead. Can anyone help with this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I asked Inktec about this issue about a year and half ago, because all the newer Epsons has PrecisionCore heads. At the time, they were testing the issue and didn't want to recommend their Smart inks for PrecisionCore. They didn't get back to me with an official answer. But subsequent discussions with people who tested ink, reckoned that it would be fine with no obvious problems.

I decided to buy an Epson 1500W which has the older printhead and I have another one as backup, so someone would have had an answer by the time I was ready to buy a new printer, but that doesn't help you right now. If you search the forum, you should see older discussions about this topic.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 28-02-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Am sure, that before Inktec expanded the Sublinova range, their original DTI ink, which was later rebranded as Sublinova, then Sublinova Smart, was labelled for Epson DX4, DX5 & TFP head ... But I'll have to check some old photos

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Think they were originally aiming their ink at wide format printers and they still have these ink (DX, TFP etc.) This is what made be think the workforce range that use the TFP precisioncore heads are better suited to the "wide format" inks as the f-series also use the new TFP heads amd i've ready that they especially suited to handle sublimation inks. This takes me back to another theory that ive almost given up on due to lack of evidence; can the epson Ultrachrome DS inks be used in the workforce printers based on the same logic as above?