Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson 1500W
    By Mugshots in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-12-2017, 07:01 PM
  2. epson 1500w
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-01-2016, 10:38 PM
  3. decisions epson 9600 for canvasses or sunangel for garments argh
    By soulclaimed in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-02-2015, 09:26 PM
  4. epson 1500w ink
    By baracus in forum Printers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM
  5. epson 1500w
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Argh! Epson 1500W is dead!

So I stopped using my 1500W daily as I was testing another printer. I still sent a few test prints here every couple of days to keep it happy. I've now found the black head is completely blocked! Inktec inks so I'm really surprised. All other colours are giving perfect nozzle check. I've put other carts in to prove it isn't the CIS and tried usual cleaning tricks but I get nothing, absolutely nothing. Seems so strange, normally you'd get something showing but black channel not there!

Gutted as it's not had a great deal of work through it since buying new, just small regular jobs.

So if I can't get it working (which is looking more and more likely) I'll have to look at a different model unless I can secure another 1500W from somewhere (emails sent to a few sellers!)

Failing that, anyone interested in buying it that may have better skills than me to clear the head? Or even for spares as it's otherwise spot on :-(
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I read that doing one single head clean and leaving it for a couple of hours or overnight can help. Have you tried the cleaner from inkexpress, perhaps your fluid isn't dissolving the ink?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, started off with the usual single head clean, leave off for a few hours etc. but nothing is shifting it. I have a couple of cleaning fluids but perhaps not working with the Inktec inks.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if I've ever successfully brought a printer back to life, it's usually something more than a blockage. I normally use undiluted strong IPA for dissolving sub ink.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, I was thinking the same myself. Anytime I've had bad blockages the printers have been scrapped. I've not tried IPA yet but will have a go now. I don't want to destroy the printer as it 'may' be of use to someone more technical than me but maybe one last try :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well guess what? this is what I've seen last few days....

So I've been persevering today......

First sings of black coming through! So, I persevered....

Better still! But not quite there......

Slightly better....keep at it!

Now, I feel I'm getting somewhere :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Is it wrong to get so excited over a little nozzle pattern.......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (01-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I guess I could have just posted this next image in the first place but where's the fun in that!

Yes, I have 100% black showing on nozzle check! So how did I do it? Not telling......oh go on then. GoonerGary mentioned above using IPA so I cracked a bottle open. Soaked a rag and pushed it under the carriage ensuring it was touching the heads. Hour or so later I started to get the first result above so tried just 1 or 2 head cleans, slight improvement. Soaked again for a little longer and results just kept improving. Third time I left longer, I wanted to leave overnight but I'm always too impatient. So, last couple of pics were the result and I can clearly see black ink soaked into the rag so looks like it dissolved the problem!

I did the usual 2 head cleans and it was really good but just not quite there. OK, break that rule and do a third.....everything spot on! Time will tell but I'll be testing every day to see if it's printing ok.

After what we said about never rescuing a printer from a block I'm chuffed to bits. A small victory but one I'm heading home with to finish up another crap week on a high!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean IPA as in Indian Pale Ale or am I losing it?

Ray

PS. Feeling awake now - isopropyl alcohol of course!
    Last edited by raydavies; 02-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Isopropyl Alcohol (or Isopropanol) essentially pure alcohol and used for cleaning. Can get in litre bottles, but also on wipes (check ebay for tuffie wipes - we always have some tubs of tuffies in for cleaning at work, and usually take one home too!)
    I've heard IPA can be too harsh on print heads, but as a last resort, nothing to lose scenario you may as well give it a go!

As an aside, InkTec do have their own cleaning fluid available in litre bottles - something else definitely worth keeping in stock - any InkTec dealer will be able to get it in for you, or check Ebay as some on there I think)