Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. I need some mugs printing
    By smiley_mug in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 09:32 PM
  2. Preheating mug bases
    By pisquee in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-06-2014, 11:17 PM
  3. Sticky Labels for your mug bases
    By frizbee in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23-05-2011, 08:52 PM
  4. printing Mugs
    By VSW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 09:47 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Printing bases of mugs

I now we've discussed this numerous times over the years but I'd like to touch on it again.

As far as I know Listawood are the only company I know that do this in the UK. I assume a pad printer would be able to print them but then they have to be kiln fired or lacquered in some way?

Has anyone managed to do this in-house? I have a couple of customer that require logos on the bottom but they only buy in small'ish quantities as and when required and it would be great to be able to do ourselves.

UV printing possibly another option? Stickers...work for some customers but these want something a little more 'premium'
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a custom rubber stamp and permenant ink a few years ago - total failure, so pad printing is probably the best way.
    We just print out own vinyl base stickers now and although they obviously aren't the same as actual printed bases, they do the job and stay put through dishwashing. As you say Listawood offer back stamping but that is only any good for quantity (and their 'blanks' now come with Duraglaze base stamps which is in the way of anything you might want to add yourself)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not printing on the base as such but we've stuck round ecosolvent printed vinyl stickers on the bottom of mugs with our logo that we've sold and quite a few people have said how even after over a year they are still stuck on the bottom having gone through regular dishwasher cycles.