Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Almost famous!
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-06-2013, 05:26 PM
  2. All the best Justin!
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
  3. Ian M....... famous on facebook
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 11:09 PM
  4. Is your stuff famous
    By Jason in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 12:32 AM
  5. Famous Pictures...
    By VSW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    They mention it's from the Dye Sub Forum but no website etc. I'm thinking the same, what's the point?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH if that is the quality of the offering, it is probably best there are no links to the page. I cannot understand why they do not simply put "Justin our contributor this month, runs his own successful business on Shetland, and also heads up the DSF forum"
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately they monitor this forum otherwise I would suggest a see how many Beatles or ABBA song titles you can get in your story. Winner from the year gets a bottle of plonk

No publicity, but funny :-)

Given the number of years I was in medical publishing it will come as no surprise the amount of text books that referred to a patient as "Lady Madonna"

S>
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As DSF only exists as the forum, I would say you would be quite justified to say the name of the forum is dyesubforum.co.uk

If the design of the page they did is like that though, I'd be tempted to submit as a finished press ready designed page - have a standard layout to drop the articles into so it's not a pain to do each time.

One thing that could fill some space on the page, is as well as answering FAQ style queries, you could do a profile on some of the bigger/long-term/established members - like a mini interview of who they are, what they do/make, show their workspace etc ... depending on the readership of the publication, this could work well an aspirational thing for newbies (if they read the mag) or be terrible if the readership is mainly really big companies who are bigger than those featured?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

Paul (13-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What annoys me is that the forum exists to help the industry to continue and hopefully grow. We all need to work together and by giving the forum little 'push' really wouldn't hurt. the more people read the publication the better, the more people join the forum the better, win win surely? It's not like we're a supplier and by promoting us would be unfair against anyone else is it?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I am very disappointed with what P&P offered tbh.
    They are happy to get the content from us but not happy to help us out? time to talk to them and put the foot down. They will mention forum or they won't get any content from us. end off.
    They are clever people and they Do know their numbers. When people sign up for a free magazine they do put how many people are employed in their business, so they do know that there is LOADS of smaller business or individuals who read the mag. So they need content like on this forum. Not only big boys matters any more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I am very disappointed with what P&P offered tbh.
    They are happy to get the content from us but not happy to help us out? time to talk to them and put the foot down. They will mention forum or they won't get any content from us. end off.
    They are clever people and they Do know their numbers. When people sign up for a free magazine they do put how many people are employed in their business, so they do know that there is LOADS of smaller business or individuals who read the mag. So they need content like on this forum. Not only big boys matters any more.
    Just as a point of information. As the forum is a free and open published forum they are entitled to lift content without permission, all they have to do is cite where it came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Just as a point of information. As the forum is a free and open published forum they are entitled to lift content without permission, all they have to do is cite where it came from.

What if they pay their £10 and lift from the members lift from that section?

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Members section is private and no searchable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What if they pay their £10 and lift from the members lift from that section?
    Its been a while since I looked into this area, but as they use it for editorial review content then I do not think it makes a difference. The difference only surrounds what the content is portrayed as. If you are reviewing what is said then that is perfectly acceptable without permission.

I could be very wrong on this as a lot changed when digital content copyright was introduced. If there is someone more knowledgeable then feel free to correct me if I am wrong :-)