Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New Retail Unit Not Doing Too Well
    By Bob700 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-10-2012, 08:23 AM
  2. Ricoh waste collection unit
    By Craig in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
  3. Ink Collection Unit
    By TonyM in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-02-2012, 09:02 PM
  4. ink collection unit for ricoh gx 3300n
    By sublime designs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 09:16 PM
  5. ricoh gx 3300n ink collection unit
    By sublime designs in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-10-2011, 04:42 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SG400 waste ink collection unit

As with most things when i'm purchasing them I often don't think off the right questions too ask, because I see the nice shiny item being used by the salesman, Oops person and what they are able to do with it and I believe every word they say AND IT'S GOING TO MAKE ME LOTS OF MONEY, Sorry I got going on my bike then. I did not consider the cost of the waste ink collection unit, don't get me wrong I still would have bought the SG400 even if I'd known, however it's usually after the fact that I have bought one ( the replacement unit that is ) that I get to learn that there is a way off cleaning the ( said ) existing unit and with the saved money I can happily hand it over to my wife who will sensibly spend it in a bloody clothes shop.

Hands-up because of my usual ranting I side-track myself often so getting back to my question is there anyway of cleaning the waste unit without having to buy a complete new unit each time.

LB
    Last edited by Leadbelly; 18-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a similar position a while back but needed to print quickly so I reset the counter. Of course there are no further warnings, slipped my mind and the tank finally overflowed. The ink makes a mess that stains plastic and wood and is difficult to clean up. Purchased my replacement for £14 on eBay.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a way to empty and clean a waste ink tank collector but if you are having to save £15-30 for something that will last for thousands of prints then you are not pricing stuff correctly.

I think it is on You Tube if you are still determined.

Bear in mind what WAYUPNORTH says. It could prove to be the most expensive "saving" you make...
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you on the on the saving / ref / prints and pricing, it's not about penny pinching as such. I just checked how much I was charged for the replacement unit and it was €50+vat+delivery compared to the ebay item at £14 sounds great.

I admit I do have a few printers one of them being a wide format 64" Roland. This machine keeps it's head clean by firing the ink into a bottle and with the bottle being visible you know when to empty it. I'm guessing every time I empty the bottle it's about €70 of ink I then simply replace the same bottle back in place. There are damper pads that also need to be replaced these cost pence and only need replacing very seldom, thats why I wondered if there was another option on the sawgrass instead of a €50 replacement unit.

A blunt pencil is better than a sharp memory

LB