Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Selling up (again)
    By dj_doubler in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-10-2018, 08:49 AM
  2. For Sale Selling up
    By stuart allison in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-09-2018, 07:20 PM
  3. For Sale Selling up
    By Disky in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2018, 03:27 PM
  4. For Sale selling everything off
    By colglyn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-11-2014, 06:11 PM
  5. What's Selling Just Now?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-10-2009, 12:18 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug selling price ?

I have been looking back at previous posts in relation to the selling prices of printed mugs, taking into account the guys selling volume on ebay and the likes off.
    What with all the packaging and postage you really do need to be in the committed commercial side of the game to be selling so cheap and still making a few quid.
    I guess the I'm looking for support in the fact that most of us are just adding the dye-sub to our existing business / job / hobby.

In my case I am selling / promoting to existing customers, however I am thinking of using Facebook to expand sales locally bearing in mind I live in Southern Ireland. I do not have a Facebook account or any social media presence, is this the time to get on board?. Obviously personalisation of the mugs in this case lends it's self to carrying a slightly higher charge I'm thinking for one-off mugs around £5.60 which is around €6.50 euro's here.

all advise appreciated.

LB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Germany. One offs are 10€ each inc tax. Think of the time you will take doing the graphics, printing and pressing. Not worth doing it for less. Maybe if you are in a large city then you might have to drop a little but Id hold the 10€ if I were you.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You need to look at what all your costs are, and how much money you want to make for yourself per hour, along with how much per hour above that you want to reinvest back into the business. All of the above things are unique to you, and so you shouldn't compare too much with others, otherwise if you are aiming to compete on price, you could easily end up a busy fool churning out mugs for no money (or making a loss)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One off personalised mug charge around 8 quid or with a coaster maybe a tenner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea in relation to the coasters, never thought of it. I just had a quick look on youtube and then looked back at some of the old post on here. There seems to be a few questions in relation to matt v's gloss and finger prints. I can see there are many different kinds of coasters that link to certain occasions, what's your take on this ? I'm guessing a standard cost effect coaster as part of the deal.

LB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A coaster with the mug is a great idea but dont forget you will also need to have your heat press on as well. That I would only offer at special times, christmas for example, or the customer has to come back another day. Many customers come in and ask if I can do it right away which I will do if Im not doing other rush jobs. But if I have to do a coaster as well thats not possible.
    But I am not a print shop. I do embroidery (mostly) , t-shirt printing and mugs only as a special, side job.