Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 28-02-2019, 10:15 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 24-11-2012, 07:12 AM
  3. For Sale Epson P50 Printer with CISS system
    By maxymalny in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM
  4. Reliable CISS
    By pisquee in forum Printers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
  5. Sublimation printer printing wrong colours
    By Photo-Lite in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Reliable CISS & Printer for sublimation printing? Please advise.

I've been sublimation printing for about 18months.

I use a modified Epson WF-7210 from City Ink Express, A3 (kit worth about £300)
    Have experienced issues every two months.
    e.g.
    Yesterday the black failed.
    Head cleans did not fix the issue.

Today they sent me a new cartridge.
    The black printed successfully :)
    After 6 prints the machine no longer recognised the cartridge/ink :(

Tried for hours different solutions (from Google research);
    Cartridge chip battery change, pull out plug to erase error memory etc.
    So I presume the chip is faulty? I reported the new fault at lunch-time but they did not reply today.
    Nightmare. Another ruined day.

I'm on my third Epson printer and my second CISS within 18months.

I now make about 40 t-shirts a weeks. I aim to make approx 100PW.
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME ON A MORE RELIABLE SUBLIMATION (A3) PRINTING SET-UP?
    Last edited by Bispham; 20-03-2019 at 11:48 PM. Reason: improve title

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be very wrong in relation to your CISS problem.

I have a large format printer which had a bulk ink system fitted, at first it worked really well and after a year or so of time started to play-up. I am going to make this short because there was a long process that we went through to get it resolved.

It appears that you really need to be working the system and keeping the ink flowing, topping-up systems from bottles ultimately carry problems, some systems don't have a little sumps per ink reservoir to catch elements that are in the ink or get introduced in the topping-up process. Also from what I have back read on this forum it appears there are leaks, gaps, holes and various problems with the piping system. All these areas are potential for contamination, these little, VERY LITTLE particles make there way to the print head. Another part of the problem is the solvents / additives within the ink allowing them to flow the problem is that it evaporates due to the exposure, hence the ink losses it's viscosity.

In my case I have had to go back to cartridges there are 8 of them in my machine, each cartridge costing roughly €70 for a 440mm as against paying €70 for bulk bottles off 1000mm. Bulk system half the cost but came with all the problems of down time and wasted prints. As a stated before this was my problem and might not be yours, but I feel there is a link in all this.

In real terms the true cost of the ink against each print is really very small, it's just psychological when you are having to purchase the cartridges / ink.

This was my problem and might be part of the bigger picture, not sure what do you think guy's

LB
    Last edited by Leadbelly; 21-03-2019 at 11:46 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leadbelly For This Useful Post:

Bispham (21-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, yes it's probably no coincidence then that my black blocked v.soon after I'd topped up my black ink reservoir.

Would it be possible for you to tell me the model of printer and ink types you use?
    It's time I upgraded to something more pro and stable.

Best

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Bispham,

My printer is a Roland 64" ( 1600mm ) wide format printer that I use mainly for large signage and vehicle graphics only, for my sublimation I use A SG400. I know many people within the signage game that use bulk systems a lot of them are always tampering with their machines and don't seem to mind the hassle because of the cost saving I however cannot be arsed with all this tinkering. Bigger sign company's just call in an engineer ultimately because they can afford too.

As I mentioned before there are other factors room temperature being one of them no matter what ink system you use.

I also use cmyk and white toner Oki printers and mono printers these all have there own environment demands, don't get me wrong it's not a big deal it's just a case of knowing the little things that keep them happy. I'm sure all you married buck's know what I'm talking about and the ladies too, I only added that to look.

If you are thinking of upgrading I suggest you read back post on here, these guy's know what they are talking about as I am pretty new to the dye-sub game.

This is my experience with my machines and bulk systems.

LB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leadbelly For This Useful Post:

Bispham (24-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Recommend P600 and CISS from Ink Express.

ALSO - We will be selling our A3+ Epson P600 soon fitted with a CISS and inks from inkexpress (less than 12 months old). We probably head clean every day if not twice a day due to lots of printing but this is fantastic printer and we sell to many national retailers so quality, ink cost and consistent printing is paramount. Will post up soon but even if you want to buy brand new then recomend P600. We jumped ship from Sawgrass a couple of years ago and don't regret it one bit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Bispham (24-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P600 deal seems like a formidable machine.

I probably only need 4colours though.
    Currently looking at the A3 EpsonWF deal Inkxpress are offering. What’s is their support like? Quick response time?

cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a quick look on the Ink Express site and their Epson P600 package with CISS system looks a good deal. I currently use an A4 Ricoh with sublisplash inks which works well for me, though I'm limited to the size of the items i can print. I don't do a great deal of dye sublimation as it's more of a sideline to my general print business but would like to push on with doing more this year. Would there be more maintenance issues with CISS system compared to cartridge printer as I was also considering the Epson Workforce from Dyesub Supplies?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Brant For This Useful Post:

Bispham (25-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have both a P600 and P800 working from a CISS and no issues at all. We head clean daily due to number of prints we do and no probs found.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Bispham (25-03-2019), Brant (24-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current EpsonWF7210 set up has all the hallmark typical niggling problems to be expected from a £300 budget setup.

Firstly before migrating to a more expensive set up, i will attempt to print on it daily from now on in order to keep head from blocking. See how that goes.

i also get quite a lot of paper jams too which call for a vertical head alignment (half of the printed test squares remain striped, yet the thing still produces good prints).
    Also sheets can also come out with corners folded and ink stains.
    These various random setbacks do consume a lot of time and create STRESS. A day (or more waiting for e.g a new head in the post)is ruined, many working hours are lost, productivity is impacted and customers get their orders late.

I am tempted to go for the A3 Sawgrass but at £1K along with v.expensive ink cartridges (£140! for 4 x 70ml carts) I am hesitant.

The p600 from inkexpress is also tempting.
    Bit worried that if I go away for a few days I won’t be able to keep the heads running and it will block though? Is there no way to program it so that it performs an automatic print daily to keep it’s head clear?
    Last edited by Bispham; 25-03-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our P600 is now available in the Buy forum section if interested.