Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cropped t shirt suppliers
    By DazzlingDesigns in forum Clothing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-01-2019, 06:42 PM
  2. Oil can mug prints
    By Bwfcuk in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-01-2019, 07:09 PM
  3. First efforts from new VJ628
    By GM21 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2017, 11:20 PM
  4. Conde Evaluation of the Sawgrass Virtuoso VJ628
    By JMugs in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 13-07-2016, 12:59 AM
  5. Opinions Epson 7890 v VJ628
    By MojoImagery in forum Printers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VJ628 prints being cropped

Hi guys n gals

I have been pulling my hair out trying to find a solution to a recent problem. I have been successfully printing for 18 months with the VJ628. I am now getting the left most printed item cropped or cut short by about 5mm. I have been on to support who report no similar problems. I have been through these forums and the net without any mention so I am lost. Essentially it isnt my templates as it affects every single print. If i print 40 coasters every single print on the left hand side is cropped whilst every other coaster on the sheet is printed correctly. It seems to be a margin thing? I have been through VSM altering margins, media widths and all sorts. I have checked the media feed and it all seems fine.

Any help would be appreciated as I am wasting a fortune in paper and ink trying to sort it.

Many thanks for any help or pointers
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Forgive me if you mentioned this, are you using RIP? I've had this before when paper size was slightly off in Wasatch RIP, also if the size has been incorrectly changed on the individual job page.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quick thought, do you clean the printer regularly and clean the strip along front? Just wondering if it could have been dirty sensor from paper dust, shot in the dark. I once had an error and that's all it was.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Quick thought, do you clean the printer regularly and clean the strip along front? Just wondering if it could have been dirty sensor from paper dust, shot in the dark. I once had an error and that's all it was.
    Hi Justin thanks for your replies. I use Virtuoso Print Manager. I do clean regularly but will recheck as we have used S-Race paper for the first time. I have noticed there is much more paper residue produced compared to the previous paper.
    as you say you never know!

Many thanks
    Gary