Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. External Power Box -- Rotary Heat Press
    By angelbaby in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13-12-2017, 01:59 PM
  2. some external stickers needed pls
    By smitch6 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 11:35 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 03:25 PM
  4. External vinyl stickers
    By windyash in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

External Sublimation

Is anyone sublimating small external signs with any success, or is it still a developing product.

LB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    They'd need to be coated/laminated to give any sort of UV protection. Without the image would disappear very quickly.

Depending on your needs if you have a cutter making simple small signs is very cheap from sign vinyl. We do our own print and cut but still laminate as UV in our area is incredibly high.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As you may know, I've recently found out I can successfully sublimate cast acrylic sheet. Now, I understand the acrylic already possesses a certain amount of UV protection, so I may now try placing a printed sample outside (our garden is south-facing and gets unblocked sunlight many hours a day) and see how it goes.

The theory is that, as the ink actually penetrates the surface, it may well enjoy some of the acrylic's UV protection.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 26-03-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin, I make lots of external signage mainly through the Roland and always UV laminate especilly for vehicle wraps and the graphtec plotter for text.
    I'v been asked if a can make an external memorial plaque which I can using a laminated print mounted on a composite panel. I was however weighing up the option of using a dye-sub external chromealuxe panel, just wondering if anyone had any experience of using this product.

LB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'd go down the printed route, the Chromaluxe will fade very quickly. You could coat it in FrogJuice but I don't see much point.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did pick-up on your post in relation to the acrylic panel, the problem is my customers first question is how long will it last and I get the same question ever day.
    Just wondering are you printing reverse on a clear panel turned to the back then mounted on a white backing substraite, or just face printing on a piece of white acrylic.

LB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I printed onto clear polyester film, put it inside my car windscreen and it showed no fading in full sun.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (26-03-2019)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think The Magic Touch sell a couple of items that might be suitable...

Firstly isn't there a metal they sell with a five year guarantee and secondly I think they sell UV adhesive sheet that you can apply after printing.

This is not really my field so don't take my exact word for any of the above, but thought I would throw it in the mix in case it helps.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
    Yes I did pick-up on your post in relation to the acrylic panel, the problem is my customers first question is how long will it last and I get the same question ever day.
    Just wondering are you printing reverse on a clear panel turned to the back then mounted on a white backing substraite, or just face printing on a piece of white acrylic.

LB
    Just face-printing directly to the white acrylic. The print is superb. No special coatings needed and the paper (CIE sublimation paper) can be peeled straight off and doesn't stick to the acrylic.

At this very moment I'm heating the same printed pice up to around 100 °C in my halogen oven and I'm going to cold press it in my flat press to see if I can get it absolutely flat.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've printed standard cheap white sublimation metals for a few outside signs, as well as silver Chromaluxe and not had fading problems - a few Business Car Park type signs, keep clear, emergency exit type stuff
    (Inktec inks and papers)