Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. External Power Box -- Rotary Heat Press
    By angelbaby in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13-12-2017, 01:59 PM
  2. some external stickers needed pls
    By smitch6 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 11:35 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 03:25 PM
  4. External vinyl stickers
    By windyash in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the bigger problem is that not many places have big enough flat bed heat presses for making signs large enough using sublimation to be viable, small signage certainly works well - you could print a design across multiple sheets to make a bigger sign. For bigger signage we tend to just print polyester canvas through the rotary press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bu**er me I'v just seen the Duraluxe panel on the banner header at the top of the forum ( specsavers anyone ) looks good.
    I love the sound of what you are doing with the acrylic, I feel it is very generous of you to test it's capabilities and share your trials cannot wait to hear the out-come, great response guy's really appreciated.

xxLB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leadbelly For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (26-03-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Latest regarding the acrylic is that, although the print was excellent, I may have to drop my press times/temps to the minimum required to try to introduce less distortion (warping) in the pressed piece.

I've tried various ways to get the pressed acrylic to stay absolutely flat but I'm not impressed with results so far. The distortion is only a slight 'bowing' but the annoying thing, to me anyway, is that it's there at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At what point does the warp start? do you feel it's as soon as you lift the press, or is it happening during the process. Maybe it might be due to thickness of the material and as you lift the press the upper exposed face is cooling quicker, I have a few thoughts one being if as soon as you lift the press turn the sheet over and bring the head back over the top but not pressed allowing the generated heat the escape slowly. By turning it over I'm wondering if this keeps a uniformed heat to the piece.
    Last edited by Leadbelly; 27-03-2019 at 08:53 AM.