Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Never Registered Power Driver
    By PeteO in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2016, 11:54 PM
  2. Power driver is a must!!!
    By schizowife in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-10-2011, 01:35 PM
  3. Another PC power problem!
    By Justin in forum Hardware
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
  4. The Power of Ebay
    By Stitch Up in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:34 PM
  5. DF-180. No Power
    By R.Prints in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 31-01-2010, 03:58 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Power Amperage questions

So I'm currently setting up a new office for myself out of my house and have purchased some new toys to make things a little smoother. I've bought a Sefa Rotex Pro

https://www.xpres.co.uk/p-9279-sefa-...0cm-xpres.aspx

Its saying its 14amps. I'm under the assumption a regular plug socket is only 13 amps. It comes with a standard uk 3 pin plug so this is confusing me a little. Just want to make sure I can get everything prepared asap so i'm back up and running with everything
    Graphtec CE6000-60, Sefa Rotex Pro Auto Open Swing, Galaxy Mug Press Pro, Epson P800 with sublimation inks, Ryonet Screen print setup

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Check with Xpres. Uk domestic mains is designed to handle up to 3kw from a single outlet. Your press is rated 3.2kw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these too, great piece of kit though I don't use it much at the moment due to having free space issues so it's effectively a back up (until we expand the workshop) It's true what is said that it has a potential maximum current draw rated at 3200 and 14w but the plug has a 13amp fuse so it clearly doesn't constantly pull that sort of current. If you want to measure it get something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-4...653-11-0000000 and if you do share the results!

Mark

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You'll be fine ... the heat press isn't constantly pulling that kind of power, and the thermostat will be turning the heating circuit on and off, to effect the consistent temperature you want the press to run at.
    I wouldn't want to be running it on a coil type or cheap extension, 4 way gang, or multi-adapter plug - plug it straight into a wall socket.
    Keep an eye on the temperature of the cable it is running on, along with the temperature of the plug USING THE BACK OF YOUR HAND NOT THE FRONT (as electric shocks contract muscles, so if you use the front of your hand to check for electrical faults, and there is one, you'll end up involuntarily gripping the faulty cable) If the plug/cable/socket it getting warm, get an electrician in, as you could be overloading the mains feed - depending on how long the cable in the walls is, what gauge it is, how it's been installed, what else is on the circuit, and whether it is still in good condition.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A normal 13amp plug will be able to deal with it, but you need to make sure the plug is firmly and fully into a main socket, no extension, or possibility of being slightly pulled out.
    Lot of current, so potential lot of heat if not got great electrical contacts.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want to be double sure, you could hard wire into a spur instead, but probably overkill
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Make sure the contacts/wires in the plug are properly tight, if they get loose and start sparking you will get a lot of heat, and a melted plug/socket (seen this with an oven and a tumble dryer)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the help guys, sorry forgot to post a reply!

Right now theres no plugs near my benches in my new office so i'm getting (or trying to, most electricians so far seem to be dodging me at all costs!) an electrician in to come fit some new sockets and more than likely a new circuit breaker for the print room itself. there's 3 bits of equipment in there all drawing 3000 watts or more plus a couple other 2kw things.

I'll grab one of those power meters, seems like a useful little thing to have to make sure i'm not overloading anything!
    Graphtec CE6000-60, Sefa Rotex Pro Auto Open Swing, Galaxy Mug Press Pro, Epson P800 with sublimation inks, Ryonet Screen print setup