Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Print & Cut Machines
    By taz8130 in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-01-2017, 01:06 PM
  2. 3D Machines on Fleebay
    By Inset in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 03:32 PM
  3. Badge making machines
    By Joohlyauk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-11-2014, 04:36 PM
  4. 3D machines and their uses
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16-09-2013, 09:29 PM
  5. Badge Machines
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badge machines and cutters

Hey everyone

I hope this is in the right section, cant really find a section for this topic. Admin please move if there is one.

Anyways.

I recently purchased a cheap 32mm Chinese badge machine. Just to start myself off doing pins for friends bands etc. Its not the greatest of machines and I am assuming the badge parts I got with it arent the best either, but I have nothing to base that off of though.

The finished product isnt amazing but is passable and I get a failure rate of about 20-25%

I'm looking to upgrade now, and move on to doing bottle openers as well as stick to 32mm maybe 38mm pins etc.

I've looked at machines from badgematic their flexi machine. Blank badge, their G series, digi print and a couple others.

I'm just curious if people out their have these or use different kinds and what the finish is like, what their ease of use is and if they work spot on with a real low failure rate to them, as well as what the badge parts are like for working with.

Obviously the cost of accessories for them is a factor as badgmatic and blank badge etc. Have different prices for stock.

I use a laser printer and have been trying different papers as well, so I know some of that will effect how the pins will come out the machine I use as well.

The other thing is cutters, some are nearly as expensive as the machines, so is it worth Investing in the expensive ones as compared to the middle of the road ones. Do they last longer, speed up the cutting process?
    I tend to do up to 100 badges per band when taking an order from them. Which with the crap Chinese cutter that came with the machine takes up most of my time and does my head in as its rubbish!

Thanks in advance for any advice/replies. Just hope I've not waffled to much!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get all my badge making supplies & equipment from e-badges & never had a problem. I hope it helps you https://www.e-badges.net/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When I made badges I used a contour cutter (Cameo, and later a Silver Bullet) to accurately cut many circles in one go from designs printed in my Canon printer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G Series all the way. We make a lot of 75mm magnets and this press takes a lot of hammering and performs perfectly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    G series for me too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about cutters what do you guys use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I use this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an interchangeable die tool from badgematic (Germany) as well as 2 fixed die presses from blankbadge (UK). Not all sizes and styles available from one supplier (at the time) hence using two. For cutters I have two lever types which are expensive but easy/comfortable to operate. I also use a brother scan n cut occasionally and badgematic supply precut blanks on an a4 sheet for laser printing. Quality is very good and once the page margins are adjusted for your printer they work really well and low cost. One thing to note is that some badge sizes are not universal and 1mm bigger will prevent a successful press so probably best to buy the cutter from the same supplier as your blanks..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One thing to note is that some badge sizes are not universal and 1mm bigger will prevent a successful press...
    That's why I prefer to use my cutting machine, even though I already have a circle cutter that I received with my badge press.