Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Sg800 full ink set on ebay for £155
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2016, 01:14 PM
  2. SG800 from Novachrome
    By k21john in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-11-2016, 12:10 PM
  3. SG800 keeps jamming/stopping
    By madmagowan1 in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 02:09 PM
  4. Virtuoso SG800 Top Bypass Tray and A3+ paper
    By Developit in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 01:11 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CIE Paper with SG800/400

Hi,

I got started with dye sublimation using an Epson WF-7210 and City Ink Express inks and paper. It worked fantastically until it didn't... about a week ago I started getting lines through my prints and decided to scrap the printer and replace it with a Sawgrass SG800.

I've just set up the new printer and have found that I'm not getting such crisp lines as I did with my previous setup (yet... I've planned lots of different tests to try). Colours don't seem as vibrant either. I am using City Ink Express paper, as I've got quite a lot of it and I'd rather it didn't go to waste. The SG800 driver gives me options for 7 different papers... does anyone know if one of these options is more similar to CIE paper than the others? Does anyone have experience of using CIE paper with an SG400/800? (I'm using Sawgrass inks) or any advice to offer to save me going through all of my ink and mugs to find the best settings?

Thank you in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have a Ricoh SG3110DN printer (almost identical to SG400) and use CIE inks and paper.

I'd suggest just printing using the ICC profile supplied by CIE. I get excellent results using their profile and printing from Photoshop.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Figgy (04-04-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I have a Ricoh SG3110DN printer (almost identical to SG400) and use CIE inks and paper.

I'd suggest just printing using the ICC profile supplied by CIE. I get excellent results using their profile and printing from Photoshop.
    I'll second that. I also switched to CIE paper and ink using their ICC profile. The results have been consistently top class.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for your replies. Can I ask, did either of you wait until after your Sawgrass guarantee had ended before switching to CIE inks or just take the plunge? I had always planned on switching to their inks after running out of guarantee, and the only thing stopping me from doing it now is that I am still under guarantee and switching will end it early. But I've spent an absolute fortune trying to get colours to match and am still not happy with them and have found Sawgrass utterly useless so i'm at my wits' end!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In my case, I never had a Sawgrass printer or inks in the first place. I have Ricoh SG3110DN printers which are, to all intents, identical to the re-badged Sawgrass offerings.

Sawgrass have made a mountain of money based on pure hype. Don't fall for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Figgy (22-07-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here mate. I have a Ricoh SG3110DN.
    Sawgrass (in my opinion) are trading on a myth. Their inks etc are no better than other good quality Sub inks.

As long as CIE can supply the current paper & inks, I won't be changing to anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    In my case, I never had a Sawgrass printer or inks in the first place. I have Ricoh SG3110DN printers which are, to all intents, identical to the re-badged Sawgrass offerings.

Sawgrass have made a mountain of money based on pure hype. Don't fall for it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rabb For This Useful Post:

Figgy (22-07-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a million to you both, you've made my decision a lot easier! Much appreciated!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Figgy For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (22-07-2019)