Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-10-2017, 09:29 AM
  2. Xpress (Adkins) studio or DF1?
    By Cd1986 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 10:12 PM
  3. Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 10:25 AM
  4. Adkins Studio Press
    By cumbriakevin in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-05-2014, 08:28 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adkins studio one users, your thoughts please?

i've had both cheap and more expensive but still Chinese made mug presses over the years, the last being a BMS one, and all have had their little quirks with the main ones being a general lack of consistency from print to print and not being able to get too close to the mugs edges.

i now need to buy a new mug press and i'm thinking about looking for a used adkins in the hope that it will give me more consistent prints and a larger safe print area.

why i'm wondering this is that i had a mid priced chinese vinyl cutter that was ok, it did the job, but when i bought a gcc machine i could not believe the difference.

so can anyone who has an adkins, or has used one, give me their thoughts on them please, basically is one worth a 200quid spend for a used bit of kit compared to 170 for a new bms one or cheaper yet from ebay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Studio Twin and its a nice bit of kit. But annoyingly just when I had a big order one of the elements stopped working and Adkins have run out of replacements and are not sure when the new ones will be in. I ended up having to buy a Genie ( with the extra elements ) from Listawood to get the order done.
    Adkins are very good and at 200 quid and if its working its worth it.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got the studio twin too. I’ve had a BMS press and also 2 of the freesub presses. Nothing compares to the Adkins. I used to throw away about 6-10 mugs a week due to inconsistent prints now I probably have 1 every few weeks and that’s usually my fault for not putting the transfer on properly. I don’t regret spending the money on the Adkins press because it’s saved me so much stress and money on wasted mugs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have 2 single head Adkins presses here but since having my oven no longer use them at all.

Certainly the best kit you can buy new.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Adkins all the way. We currently use 5. Although we have an oven it is quicker to do a box of 36 we find with presses. Excellent consistent results although not for close to handle mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've used all of the presses. Sometimes you will find the odd Chinese press which is great, but to be honest most don't last beyond a few months, I've lost count how many I've had to dump. So I upgraded to four Adkins mug presses and these have been great, consistent results and very reliable. I've since upgraded to a large oven as I tend to do big wholesale orders. So I'm in the process of selling two of my Adkins..which you can find in the For Sale section by the way!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Did you see there is one for sale with new element in the Buy/Sell section?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks all, much appreciated, an adkins it will be then. i'll have a look at the buy sell now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    needless to say if anyone is selling an adkins studio press please do message me.