Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Matt slates
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-03-2017, 01:00 AM
  2. Matt Mugs - Any one uses these?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 08:24 PM
  3. Matt sublimation tiles
    By kerivalentine in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-01-2017, 12:12 PM
  4. ICC on Gloss or matt?
    By JMugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 11:02 AM
  5. 110z Mug matt
    By Milly64 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Last Post: 25-10-2013, 06:45 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt mugs your thoughts

I have been back searching matt coated mugs and have spent the past few days reading other threads that catch my eye, so now I'm getting too lazy to look any further.

I personally like the look of the matt coated mugs as I feel they really suit some designs, is there any reason you would use them other than a customer preference or you own personal taste.

By the way I do not have a Facebook account, but feel the urge to let you know i'm delicately eating a small strawberry topped cheesecake

LB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I really like the look of them but always seem to find customers come back to the same 10oz mug. Perhaps the matt have a particular place in the market, maybe if your own designs suit them but I do see it as a bit of a wheel reinvention :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love them, but if you are a distance seller do not bother. Unless you can get the physical mug in a customers hand they are not going to appreciate the higher price, and like Justin says, people always return to the standard 10oz glossy mug.

There is no point in trying to reinvent the wheel ;-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I always say this about our phone cases, glossy look great but many designs look even better on the matte finish, impossible to show the benefit on screen so unless you have both in your hand it's a waste of time.

I sent my customer matte samples and they agreed, so much nicer....but we'll carry on with gloss!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When they first came out (wow how time flies) I really thought they were onto something, I pressed up a few designs, including one for a good company who regularly have nice mugs from me to celebrate various things they do, and refill their dishwasher. They were simply "not bothered" agreed they looked nicer, and their design certainly looked more classy, but no orders came from the sample, we are still just using the gloss ones. I would be interested in knowing what their sales figures are like for the matt ones.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think they're great, but impossible to see/feel the difference in a photo, so then hard to sell distance.
    I doubt we could get more than we already do for our mugs wholesale or retail as we're already fairly high priced for our own design brand mugs - the only advantage for us would be to have an edge on the competition to grab the sale, but money/profit wise, there doesn't seem to be a reason to go for them unfortunately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear what you are saying guys, I guess it is a visual / tactile thing when all said and done. As I am not selling volume yet ( I want too when I grown-up ) due to trying to get my feet off the ground with this side of the business. I personally would take a chance at selling them at the same price as most of my initial sales would be to existing customers within my sign business. I cannot see many of them buying more that maybe 10 mugs in one go at this point, I would be trying to use it as more of a sales pitch to get the ball rolling. Yes they cost a few pence more and I'm sure when it comes to volume this counts, but I often see in the sign game the amount of waste that is produced costs far more than the difference in the cost of the matt mugs, and I do recycle big time I hate waste.

Please remember i'm out in the sticks here and that is where all my work comes from as I am not really website based.

Although I know I have too embrace the internet and social media sales i'm micro managing enough as it is.

I might just take a few samples of each out and about and see what the reaction is and semi-wingit when it comes to prices ??

LB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one other mug that is not the standard white 10oz mug but sells well. Its the one with the white outside but the inside and the handle are another colour. Im not a big mug seller but some of my regular firms buy these mugs when the colours match their corperate colours.
    For me the matt mugs and the new floracent ones are just fashion and not big sellers.
    https://www.printequipment.de/en/sta...brqn3l3k0s28s7

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
    I personally would take a chance at selling them at the same price
    I think that just about hits the nail on the head, they were an item, we should have been able to sell at a nice premium price, but they just ended up being sold at the same price.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.