Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: New here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New here

Hi all, i thought id introduce myself, i actually joined a while back but then life got in the way and i totally lost all my bearings, to cut a long story short, im being made redundant at the beginning of May and instead of looking at it as a bad thing ive taken it as a kick up the backside to actually do something i think id enjoy, so at the end of may i will be looking at purchasing whatever i need to get my show on the road, so if anyone has any good tips please feel free to share them with me :)
    Cheers to you all

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi Gordo. Redundancy is what it is. Put it behind you and move on.

My first tip would be to THOROUGHLY research everything before diving in. I know a bit of 'dundy money' is a temptation to jump in with both feet, but you may find yourself having to replace equipment bought in haste with something better, usually when your money has run out and you can no longer afford it.

Sublimation itself can be tricky at times, but well within the capabilities of most folk. The most important thing to consider is whether you'll have a large enough market for the products you'll be making. It's very important to do this part of your research first, before buying equipment or stock. Very important!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new venture :-)

As mentioned, do your research and take your time getting the equipment you need. Everything you'll ever need to know has probably already been answered on here so the best investment you can make is to spend a good chunk of your time reading the forums. Remember we have the premium Membership scheme which can save you a lot of money for just a tenner a year.

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou Webtrekker and Justin,

Yes i shall be going through here and reading up on everything i possibly can, Im looking at setting up a stall at Film cons so my items will be film related, ie Tshirts and mugs but also certain things worked with vinyl, i currently do photo mounts mainly to friends and small groups for autographs so this will be an extension to that, i did initally look at buying a package deal on ebay but then decided against it, they looked to cheap and cheerful.
    Justin as soon as i know what direction i will be going in equipment wise etc i will certainly join the Premium membership, Ive got 11 shifts left at work and then its head down and get the ball rolling.
    Cheers
    Gordon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Worth a drive down to Castle Donington to see Xpres setup even if you don't buy from them, gives you a great idea of what 'can be done'.
    No doubt someone will respond with a warning about copyright on Film merchandise so I'll just get that out there now :-)
    I'd personally avoid most equipment on eBay, most reputable sellers will have their own shops and all will have been discussed on here at some point or another.
    Decide what products you want to print, mugs are always popular.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for that Justin, il have to have a drive down and see, thanks, Film Merchandise I was mainly looking at quote related items, as i know the whole copyright area is a minefield and id sooner not step into that area, think il start with mugs for now anyway, so il look for that a printer, im also looking for a vinyl cutter too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello and welcome :)