Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Oxfordshire based mug sublimation experts
    By legacyc in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2019, 01:23 PM
  2. Any Photoshop experts on here? :-)
    By Justin in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-08-2017, 06:41 PM
  3. Photoshop Experts - Is this a fake copy?
    By liannef in forum Software
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 11:10 AM
  4. Wordpress website - Advice appreciated
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19-01-2013, 08:36 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Website advice - Any experts on here?

Looking to create a relatively simple website or tweak my existing site. I want to be able to upload specific photos for customers and then issue them a code to log in so they can only see their images and no others.

Would be great if I could also get those images superimposed onto my products automatically! Maybe asking a little too much ;-)

I appreciate I can set each customer up with a login name and password but need something a little quicker, possibly automated.

I have a much simpler idea in mind but would very much like to streamline this. I found a site offering this service which 'might' fit with what I need but it's£50 a month plus 7% of sales which I'd sooner avoid and keep full control.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm certainly no expert Justin, but I did a similar thing on one of my own sites using a PHP script which I coded.

The PHP script resides on the server and when a browser sends a url to the script it, (the PHP server script), extracts an ID from the url and uses it to display the correct items on the page. The ID can be a name, a PIN code, random characters, .... allsorts. You simply place the ID after ?id= in the url.

Here's an example ...

I have two different clocks that I wish to display and only want the respective customers to see their clock mockup and not have access to anyone else's.

So, I give each customer a unique PIN number (in this example I have just used 3-digit PIN's numbered 001 and 002. I send the first customer the url with ?id=001 in it, and the second customer the url with ?id=002 in it.

Customer 1: http://fudgeys.co.uk/alu_clocks/clock.php?id=001

Customer 2: http://fudgeys.co.uk/alu_clocks/clock.php?id=002

Try each link above and look at the url in the address bar of your browser.

This is a copy of my PHP script from Notepad++ with some explanations. Separate CSS stylesheets were used for each clock

Note that this method does not require having a separate HTML page for each clock, something I wanted to avoid.

Note also that I used jQuery to write the javascript needed to move my clock hands and set the clock to the user's correct time. You wouldn't need any of this to display static images.

Hope that helps a bit. I know that code is sometimes as clear as mud unless you have a little experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by webtrekker; 11-04-2019 at 03:36 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (11-04-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    OK, I need to get something completed with this now so have to start paying attention :-)

Project is similar to school photos so I will have photos of Primary age children and want parents to be able to log in to see the photo rather than send proof sheets out.

I need to check on privacy/GDPR for these images hence the above. I also have to bear in mind I could have over 1000 sets of parents that need a login so really don't want to be emailing 1000 passwords! Needs a clever solution.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had this arrive in my inbox yesterday which looks very comprehensive. The cost is quite high but compared to hiring an agency or figuring things out yourself then it might be a good solution:
    https://www.designnbuy.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's not what I'm after, seen this before. I just need a way to process the orders, attach a password to each image etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I suppose it depends a lot on how you are receiving the photos in the first place.

I'm assuming here that you will be receiving photos which you will display on product mockups as well as offering prints.

If they are photos being emailed to you, or uploaded directly to your site by customers, then all you need is the email address of the sender which can be attached to the url and the sender can log in to see them by using their own unique email address.

If it's an organisation sending you the pictures, then it should be up to them to provide some form of unique identification to their customers (password, PIN, etc) that the customers could use to access the photos online.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have a photographer taking the pictures so each batch will be sent over/uploaded altogether.

This is the closest I've found so far. As always, I'm sure options exist, it's just knowing what to search for! I'd sooner use something on my existing website. Not too worried about all mock ups initially, just a single image showing how it 'could' look with their photo on will be fine (That's one less complication!) Although....with that Photoshop action link it may not be too difficult ;-)

https://www.gotphoto.com/features/

This system uploads the photos with a unique tag so that solves that particular issue.
    Last edited by Justin; 25-04-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Of course the easiest option would be to do it the old fashioned way and send a hard copy watermarked proof to every customer. At least that way I could include a leaflet and order form etc. but bearing in mind the project could be 2000+ customers there's a cost attached to producing the proofs and labour.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This would also allow the customer an easy option to print a pre-formatted A4 page with their image(s) and your advertising blurb, or an order form.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just a thought ...

Instead of hosting jpg images on your site you could use password protected PDF files, something like this (on my own server) ...

[Use the password: DSF when prompted, case sensitive]

http://www.fudgeys.co.uk/pass_test.pdf
    Last edited by webtrekker; 25-04-2019 at 12:48 PM.