Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Epson P600 A3+ Sublimation Printer with refillable carts
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2019, 07:32 PM
  2. Epson SC-P600 custom ink set RIP
    By jacekoj9 in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-09-2015, 07:36 AM
  3. Sub Inks for Epson A3 printer L1300
    By Helen in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 03:45 PM
  4. epson inks
    By stuart in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some advice regarding Epson p600 original inks.

Hi I recently bough a Epson p600 for sublimation so have no need for the original set of inks that came with the printer. My question is can I sell these inks on and would they work in another Epson printer which has already had inks run through it. As I've been told that setup inks will only work in new printers and will not be recognised in a printer already flushed with inks? Can anybody shed light if this is true? I gather they will be less ink in these cartridge's but surly a Epson p600 will recognise these as original carts and run with them...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good question and not one I can answer. Just wanted to say how good the P600 was for us in terms of sublimation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree, I'm super impressed with the results and converted to continuous ink system and massive saving in cost over the Sawgrass so would recommend to anybody thinking of upgrade. Back to my question I've advertised my original inks on ebba but had a guy saying they will not work on used systems as these inks are only setups? I've checked the net but not found anything to confirm this and was curious if anybody on here could enlighten me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always keep original inks in case I have a problem. You can always put them and see if the problem comes from your sublimation ink and/or cartridges. Once I thought my 1500W was dead, actually it was the refillable cartridges, as the original ones worked fine, just had to buy new refillables.

Also, I think Epson requires you to send them the printer with original ink inside for warranty.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Sadly the original ink cartridges that are supplied with most desktop A4/A3 Epson printers are 'Setup' cartridges. These have a different microchip fitted to the front and so will only work in a brand new printer i.e. one that has never had inks installed.

They still have a value to them but as they can only be used by someone with a brand new / out of the box SCP600 the potential buyers are few. The physical ink could be drained from them and used in refillable ink cartridges / CISS but would only be around 20-25ml per colour so again value is limited.

I hope this helps.

Alex

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malkram View Post
    I always keep original inks in case I have a problem. You can always put them and see if the problem comes from your sublimation ink and/or cartridges. Once I thought my 1500W was dead, actually it was the refillable cartridges, as the original ones worked fine, just had to buy new refillables.

Also, I think Epson requires you to send them the printer with original ink inside for warranty.
    As Malkram said, it is worthwhile keeping the original inks as a back up for your warranty, given their low value as well it is the best option here.

Alex