Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Newcastle/Durham
    By Box760 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-05-2023, 11:54 AM
  2. looking for a DTG partner in Durham
    By FutureProject in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-04-2016, 01:18 PM
  3. Anyone know the nearest suppliers to me in Durham
    By arthur2739 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-04-2016, 06:21 PM
  4. Hi Ian from Durham
    By Box760 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16-10-2012, 11:59 AM
  5. Durham Mugs
    By Kaz in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Co-incidently, I found two boxes of the BMS budget Durhams in my store cupboard. They are actually Best Sub J.S. Coated mugs and I found them to have zero defects (almost)! Maybe 2-3 out of 72 were not suitable, but that is impressive. These are very straight mugs, the 5013 have a long thin dent around the circumference about 5mm from the bottom of the mug preventing full top to bottom printing.

The only issue with this BMS mug is that I don't think the coating is up to much. It needs a longer time in the oven, half the mug can look faded and full colour prints aren't transferring very well even with 3 minutes extra in the oven. The colours lack contrast and look washed out compared to the 5013 mug. I reckon maybe the coating is a bit thin in places, but right now I've no desire to investigate. The search continues for an easier to print mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Co-incidently, I found two boxes of the BMS budget Durhams in my store cupboard. They are actually Best Sub J.S. Coated mugs and I found them to have zero defects (almost)! Maybe 2-3 out of 72 were not suitable, but that is impressive.
    I use BestSub JS coated 12oz two-tone mugs with spoons and they are excellent, if a bit dearer than the ones I used to buy from The Transfer Press. Two boxes (72 mugs) plus some extra bubble-wrapped stuff attached to the ouside of the boxes arrived completely unscathed from Poland! I haven't tried any of their standard mugs though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BMS can sell the BestSub 10oz mugs cheaper than BestSub Poland, so maybe ask BMS to get your spoon mugs in for you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I need a similar alternative to the 5013.
    So next, I tried two boxes of BMS European Premium RN coated 10oz mugs. I've got an entire box of rejects and quite a few misprints. These were shocking quality.

Next, 72 mugs of Listawood AAA Premium 10oz. These mugs have changed in the last 1-2 years since I last tried them. These new mugs are bigger and are identical to the 5013, but with a much better coating. Very few defects. We have a winner.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 30-05-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    If the AAA mugs are identical to the 5013 they must have changed considerably in the past few months?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!