Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Affinity photo
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-04-2017, 04:53 PM
  2. Opinions Please :)
    By Stitch Up in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-03-2017, 11:57 AM
  3. For Print & Cut users...
    By socialgiraffe in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 03:48 PM
  4. Opinions
    By TonyM in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
  5. CubeCart - Any other users
    By dougdesigns in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Affinity Photo - Any opinions/users?

Just wondering if anyone using this instead of Photoshop? Appears to have full icc profile management so thought I'd take a look.

It's on sale for £38.99 (normal price £45.00) so certainly a more realistic price than Photoshop. read a number of reviews which on the whole seem positive. A couple have said it's slower than Photoshop.

Anyone using this for sublimation?

Only just started evaluating but initial tests are going very well.
    Last edited by Justin; 27-03-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    First issue and it's a biggy, Smart Objects not supported :-(

edit: I have found a way around this which appears to work in a similar way, Affinity can rasterize images.
    Last edited by Justin; 27-03-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I had a few goes on it and I can tell you this.
    I always tried to work out things as per photoshop, but it was nowhere near as comfortable to use as PS.
    Yes, it does look really nice. it offers TONES of options and the price!!!!
    But I think I am just the old dog and won't learn any new tricks :)
    but hey ho! if anybody there who is not under the influence of adobe, I am sure it will find Affinity excellent piece of software.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've always used Photoshop, I've been using CC simply because I needed it on mac and macbook, I have CS6 on pc which is fine but haven't got Mac version.

I wondered about trying Elements again on Mac but it doesn't support cmyk, not sure if everything else would work.

Just trying Affinity to see if it really could be a cheaper option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My Photoshop CC is still causing issues, spent many hours onto tech support telling me it's this that's wrong, that that's wrong, me that's wrong and so on!! I believe my issues are being caused by the latest version of CC but can't get them to see it.

Anyway, Affinity seems to work really well and for what I do it would work fine....other than smart objects.

So whilst searching I found Photopea, a free online editor that does support smart objects. Only spent 2 mins but managed to open, edit and save a file with great ease. I see there are Premium versions and I haven't explored well yet but was very impressed how easily it handled the objects.

i'm a bugger for principles and having been messed around by Adobe will definitely be looking to change.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use Photoshop CS5 Justin and have never had reason to upgrade.

What are the main issues you're having with CC, if you don't mind me asking?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    When I go to print it crashes, if I reset warnings and printer settings it works every time but pain in the bum.

I've seen same issue on CS6 so it could be a driver issue but has only recently started crashing. Since they last dialled in CorelDraw is crashing at same point! Again, could be a driver issue but everything's updated.

Adobe tell me you shouldn't load files from a NAS due to. permission issues but again never had any issues with that until recently, if indeed it is a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are familiar with PS then you might notice the difference between Affinity Photo, if not it will probably do the job.

I have always used Serifs vector software - about 15 years now - which does everything I need it to. Never bothered with Adobe/Corel (or photo software), as the learning curve seemed too much for me to need to bother with.
    The only issues I have had is with customer artwork - most pros can send in a compatible format but the 'hobby experts' are left scratching their heads.
    Not having a plug-in for the Graphtec is a minor issue, which adds about 30 secs to a cut job.

Bought Affinity Desinger in December but haven't even bothered with it yet - not broken the cellophane on the manual yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've used Photoshop for years but as with many I guess I only use 1% of it's facilities. The only thing I couldn't do with Affinity/Gimp etc. was smart objects but as mentioned above I may have an option for that. I do still have CS4 & CS6 so can use when required, just want to get away from this subscription.

CoralDraw I've always used and really like it, up until recently never had any issues with that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quick update, I've worked out what's happening with Photoshop crashing. It's something to do with when the images were initially created. If I copy and paste into a new document and reserve, the new image is fine and no longer crashes the software. In fairness one agent at Adobe did suggest something on these lines but several others have spent around 6 hours dialled in going off on wild tangents!!

Could be something to do with plug ins, either way it's something that's changed non the software since the images were created, could just be the updated software itself.