Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Your start
    By Gvido in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2019, 06:58 PM
  2. New start-up
    By paul 44 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 29-10-2015, 11:04 AM
  3. What to start with
    By Ocerraveth in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-06-2015, 02:42 PM
  4. Start up..
    By bkrdistribution in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 02:01 PM
  5. Why did I start it
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-05-2012, 06:04 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dye Sub start up

Hey everyone.
    I'm looking for advice for what might be a good starter pack for sublimating, or decent sites to go to that do good start up packages.
    Initially I'm looking for a printer possibly with CISS and a decent mug press.

Budget not 100% sure on, around about £500

Thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the £500 budget is for both the printer and press the you only really have enough for an A4 printer.

I would go for this one, whichs avoids the need for a ciss, but will allow you to use bulk ink.
    https://www.inkexperts.co.uk/product...epson-et-2711/

That will leave about £300 for a press and some samples to practice on, which is more than enough. No mug press will last for ever. The elements have a limited life, so get one that will allow you to change the element.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You can drastically reduce the price of a mug press, while still retaining good (if not better) print quality by using a halogen oven and silicone mug wraps. There are some good threads in the forum about halogen ovens.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    If the £500 budget is for both the printer and press the you only really have enough for an A4 printer.

I would go for this one, whichs avoids the need for a ciss, but will allow you to use bulk ink.
    https://www.inkexperts.co.uk/product...epson-et-2711/

That will leave about £300 for a press and some samples to practice on, which is more than enough. No mug press will last for ever. The elements have a limited life, so get one that will allow you to change the element.
    Is there much difference between a A3 and A4 in price and build quality etc, I am assuming also that with the A3 this would be better for printing larger prints to put on things like clothing?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    You can drastically reduce the price of a mug press, while still retaining good (if not better) print quality by using a halogen oven and silicone mug wraps. There are some good threads in the forum about halogen ovens.
    I'll check those out, cheers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only recomended the A4 printer because you said you were looking at a mug press. A3 is more versatile for t-shirts.

There is a price jump to A3, but if you sacrifice the eco tanks for a ciss then you should be able to get something good for little under half your budget.
    The 'problem' with A3 is that the go to printer - the Epson 1500w ( +/-£250)- has recently been discontinued and there is no direct replacement at the price.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only recomended the A4 printer because you said you were looking at a mug press. A3 is more versatile for t-shirts.

There is a price jump to A3, but if you sacrifice the eco tanks for a ciss then you should be able to get something good for little under half your budget.
    The 'problem' with A3 is that the go to printer - the Epson 1500w ( +/-£250)- has recently been discontinued and there is no direct replacement at the price.
    Ah, I see. With the A3 size printer, as well as t-shirt prints etc making mug prints on it is feasible as well?

Sorry for all the questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use whatever size paper you want. A3 could be useful for larger production runs because you can print multiple prints on one sheet.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use whatever size paper you want. A3 could be useful for larger production runs because you can print multiple prints on one sheet.
    I went for the A4 start up printer, the one in the link you showed me, it's not to bad. Good enough to use for what I'm doing and learning to do. Cheers.