Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Dye sublimation results
    By Domg in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-12-2018, 11:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-11-2015, 08:55 PM
  3. Great Results
    By Bob700 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 02:59 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15-05-2010, 04:27 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM
    Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Epson ET-2711 and ET-14000 Test Results

Following on from a thread Alex created while we were with our former employer, here are the results from our current Epson Ecotank series tests.

The ET-2711

Firstly the new ET-2700 series machines make use of a proprietary filling bottle.
    These bottles fit perfectly into the printers filling vents and fill the tank to capacity.

As a result filling these printers with sublimation ink requires the use of a syringe and needle.
    It is easy to do and means you are less likely to spill the ink while pouring it.

From this point on the experience becomes the easiest we have ever had with a new desktop printer.

So, onto the important bit, the print quality.
    For a 4 colour machine it is safe to say we are impressed.

Straight out of the box prints were pleasantly accurate.
    Our custom profile brought the colours into a closer representation of what was on screen and the results are as follows;

On hard surfaces the picture quality is sharp and vibrant.
    Lines are held well and there is a high level of detail in photographs.

With fabrics we found colours to be bright and vivid.
    Again, lines are sharp and detail is high, though some aspects of the image are lost due to the porous nature of fabrics.

Regarding durability, the printers have proven to be rather robust.

We pumped out 500 A4 prints before we needed to top our inks up, and the printer handled it without skipping a beat.

I also left the printer for 2 weeks without use and then fired it back up for a test print.
    The nozzles appeared to be missing in certain places across all 4 colours, but after one head clean they were all back and the printer functioned without issue.

I would still advise to use the printer more regularly, but on those occasions where it might sit this printer proved capable of handling some down time.

The ET-14000

As A3 printers go we considered the Epson 1500W to be the best for quality and affordability.

Nothing has filled that gap and the cost of A3 printers has risen considerably.

In steps the ET-14000.

Based on the 1500W, the main difference is the ET-14000 has 4 colours in its 5 ink channels (C,M,Y,K) rather than 6.

The price has also increased, but with the added benefit of an Ecotank we find this increase to be justifiable.

Colour quality matches that of any other 4 colour Epson printer, but the amount of detail in prints appears to be better.

We managed 320 A3 borderless prints on this printer before having to top up the tanks, and again the paper feed was more than capable of handling the throughput.

It has the same internal components as the 1500W and is therefore on the same page in regards to durability.

After being left for 2 weeks without use there wasn't even a single nozzle missing.
    It just carried on as if it had been printing 5 minutes before.
    As always we recommend using the printer more regularly, but we were staggered at this result.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a simple solution to sublimation printing we cannot recommend the Ecotank series highly enough.

The price point may be higher than your average desktop package but when you take into account there is;

• no retrofitting of a CISS or RIC
    • no downtime in printing thanks to "Empty Ink Cartridge" errors
    • no firmware updates knocking our your compatible cartridges

the increase is well worth it.

As Epson start to expand their ET range we will continue to test each model with Inktec Sublinova inks and see how they fare.

I can happily say the future looks bright for sublimation printing with Ecotank printers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to InkExperts For This Useful Post:

GerryG (09-07-2019), juggysingh (01-06-2019), Justin (15-05-2019), MrsP (30-08-2019), Mrteajunkie (19-05-2019), pw66 (15-05-2019), Surfsuprex (05-06-2019), UK Printed Mugs (15-05-2019), webtrekker (16-05-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though the price is more than the 1500w, the eco tanks have got to be the way forward. A large part of the extra price is due to the pound being 15% weaker than it was two years ago.
    Cheap bulk ink, A3+ and still less than half the price of the SG800. What's not to like?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Even though the price is more than the 1500w, the eco tanks have got to be the way forward. A large part of the extra price is due to the pound being 15% weaker than it was two years ago.
    Cheap bulk ink, A3+ and still less than half the price of the SG800. What's not to like?
    Our thoughts exactly! There are still a couple of decent A4 printers that use RIC (WF2630 or XP352 etc) which we are still supplying, but in A3 / A3+ the ET-14000 really is (in our opinion) the best choice for reliability when compared to the Workforce WF7210 or WF7710 printers.

We are looking to expand on the Ecotank range although the price of some of the models is a bit ridiculous so for now the ET2711 and ET14000 are covering the A4 and A3 variants nicely :)

Alex
    Last edited by InkExperts; 16-05-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Fantastic post and great to see a supplier that's looking to the future and testing new equipment, great work guys.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your opinion how full do you need to keep the ink tanks? Is it better to keep them topped up?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    In your opinion how full do you need to keep the ink tanks? Is it better to keep them topped up?
    The tanks can be run very low without any hassle, but for safeties sake I would keep them topped up as much as possible.

You don't have to then worry that they might accidentally run dry on a large job.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExperts For This Useful Post:

pw66 (16-05-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for those test reults, its nice to see finished items. I've started looking into the 1400 from advice on this forum. I've had a look on your website and can see why Ive been advised to look at it over the Sawgrass models. Forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this, newbie alert. The sub ink you supply is your own and to use it with the printer you also supply the profile that I need for the printer to understand your ink usage? Also. My brother printer is not suitable to adapt for pigment inks so I may be looking for one that can as well as the sub printer. Do you sell them as well? I saw a lot of HD inks but assume that's for high def as in pics? It would be easier to buy from one company and being able to communicate is a huge plus. Thank you again for your informative post and your time. Best wishes Claire :)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Hi Claire,

We supply our sublimation printers with InkTec Sublinova inks along with an ICC for each.

The InkTec is an excellent ink and the ICC is used to correct the colours on your prints.
    It will match them as closely as possible to what is displayed on your monitor.

We stock pigment inks for a range of printers, and we brand our different inks as "HD", "and Platinum HD".
    "Platinum HD" is usually for the high end photography printers, whereas our "HD" is our standard brand for most home office printers.

We recommend the WF2630 for A4 pigment inks and for an A3 it would be the SC-P600.

If you would like to call us to discuss any of your needs feel free.

Christian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Christian,

Thank you for your swift response! I will call soon (ish). Thanx again :)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfsuprex View Post
    Hi Christian,

Thank you for your swift response! I will call soon (ish). Thanx again :)
    My pleasure! Thank you!