Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Brother printers for sublimation use.
    By JSR in forum Reviews Section
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 27-07-2015, 03:58 PM
  2. Hi people
    By Spike1865 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 09:40 AM
  3. paypal buyer protection is 180 days instead of 45 days from june.
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-04-2014, 01:52 AM
  4. These people are out there
    By purpledragon in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 03:13 PM
  5. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 17-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool WHAT Brother printers are people using these days.

Hello everybody.

Some time ago i read a post on the brother printers being used for sublimation printing.

My question is this...?

What brother printers are people using these days and are you experiencing any problems?

Thank You For your time

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well most of the recent Brother converts are using the all in ones like the '5910'. Sub £100 if you shop around and work fine. BUT these are unsupported printers so other than members on here helping you you will not get the support that some Ricoh and Epson printers get from sellers.
    If a jobs worth doing it has to be Worth Doing Right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After lots of time reading through here, I've also gone from Epson (P50 6 Colours) to Brother (MFC-J5910DW 4 Colour)

I was using CISS on Epson, but constant problems.

Got the brother from maplins £99.99
    Extra large refillable cartridges £19.99 off eBay.

Then purchase a profile from Paul £24.99 (I'm in process of this)

If all goes well I'll be ordering extra printers as backup.

Regards

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get great results on my 5910 using just a plain paper setting and the vivid box ticked and the mirror image box checked. Infact comparing my 5910 results to my Ricoh results I prefer the Brother's image quality and final image on my mugs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input. Looking for a brother printer now.

Sounds like a stupid question but if brother printers are proving to be better printers than the supported printers then aint it about time the ink companies get up to speed.

Or is it another apple and flash story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meldean View Post
    Sounds like a stupid question but if brother printers are proving to be better printers than the supported printers then aint it about time the ink companies get up to speed.
    Not sure of the logic here. So about 5 or 6 people using a Brother compared to 500 - 600 using a Ricoh (rough figures, but you get the order of magnitude!) - how do you jump to the conclusion that brother is better than the ricoh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Not sure of the logic here. So about 5 or 6 people using a Brother compared to 500 - 600 using a Ricoh (rough figures, but you get the order of magnitude!) - how do you jump to the conclusion that brother is better than the ricoh?
    Well... Statisticly is 100% fautless :-P

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand how can you be sure they aren't?

Supported does not make a printer a better printer, it just makes it a simpler package for the less technical to use. Like a few on here I started with a non supported printer and then thought that maybe the Ricoh was the right printer to have with all the sawgrass profiling and powerdriver support and ended up buying one of those also. The Ricoh's print quality and final image quality on a mug is ok but is in no way superior to the quality of the image the Brother produces on mugs.

Martin is however correct in saying that if you do not want a learning curve and wish to be able to print your images directly with the least hair pulling out etc then the Ricoh is by far the better printer to buy. If however you have the technical ability to setup the Brother printer and spend the money getting a profile produced then I doubt that you will be disappointed by the end results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meldean View Post
    Hello everybody.

Some time ago i read a post on the brother printers being used for sublimation printing.

My question is this...?

What brother printers are people using these days and are you experiencing any problems?

Thank You For your time

brother 5910dw here x2.....good solid printers,reliable for now (<6mths) great colour reproduction, pretty cheap when you get it on sale,big carts for ink,built in scanner superb for scanning in photo's for printing ect

cons - they are BIG,bloody FAX.. who the hell use's fax these days....apart from the dinosaur larger company's,Extremely limited support, mostly on here,limited on google as well - YouTube aint much help either for these printers.
    Paper jams if you fire up the settings to high with certain papers and over saturate.(applys to other printers to i presume ).

For a total newbie getting into this, i would seriously recommend the supported route, mainly for less hassle, quicker set up and go,and a hell of a lot more help should things go Ca Ca..

But if you have half a brain, like a challenge, and are single ( cause your wife n kids aint gonna like all the cussing in house ), hell this is the one for you

ME -I love a challenge and i am a tech/gadget geek anyway
    Last edited by bigj2552; 02-10-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probs the same way you jump to the conclusion that i said they were better.
    I actually said proving to be better. Besides if brother was a supported printer how many would be using ricoh.